Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

CG Extreme 330 Vs Billy Hell RC Mojo 40

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

CG Extreme 330 Vs Billy Hell RC Mojo 40

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Sky Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG Extreme 330 Vs Billy Hell RC Mojo 40

Hey Gang,
I just kind of broke my Hanger 9 Twist in half a couple of weeks ago, and I'm really missing having a 40 size plane to have fun with and knock around the pattern. It's so relaxing, if you know what I mean.
I'm looking to get my first profile plane. I'm seriously looking at two different planes.

1. Billy Hell RC's Mojo 40.
http://www.billyhellrc.com/mojo.html

2. Carl Goldberg Extreme 330.
http://www.carlgoldbergproducts.com/extreme330.htm

I'm starting this thread so anyone can chime in about their opinions on these planes. Have at it guys, and remember, we're having fun here; no arguments please!
I like the looks of both planes, and I've actually seen the extreme 330 flown and the pilots rave about it. I haven't seen the Mojo flown, but the pilots say it's a better plane. Which one would you buy?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:01 PM
srg123cohen
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: CG Extreme 330 Vs Billy Hell RC Mojo 40

No comparison whatsoever. The mojo 40 is infinitly better than the cg extra and will last much longer.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Sky Surfer

So what's better about it? I've seen the CG 330 flat spin, hover, knife edge, harrier roll, and more. You're telling me the Mojo can do all of that better? The extreme's a lighter plane than the Mojo is.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:51 AM
John Wells
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: Sky Surfer

So what's better about it? I've seen the CG 330 flat spin, hover, knife edge, harrier roll, and more. You're telling me the Mojo can do all of that better? The extreme's a lighter plane than the Mojo is.
I've had both planes (still have a mojo 40). Where do I start?[sm=tired.gif] Have you ever driven a car with all worn out front end parts like ball joints, tie-rods, idler arm etc.?? When you try to drive it down the highway, you're in for a work out. The car will always wander around in it's lane, and it'll work you to death. You could never relax and enjoy, because it's always got a mind of it's own. The CG Extra is heavy compared to a MoJo, and it doesn't do any 3D stuff as easy as a MoJo. The CG Extra may have specs that show it as being lighter than a MoJo, but I have never seen one that comes in at it's advertised weight. In fact, when compared to the good .40 size 3D profiles, the Extra is considered a rock and flies like one.

A lot of profiles can flip, flop, snap, spin, and hover. Discerning 3D flyers can instantly tell the difference between the CG Extra and the MoJo. New guys don't understand it, until they try to master different manuevers and link a routine together. The Extra will fight and frustrate you, unlike the MoJo (and some others), which does it gracefully with little or no coupling or bad habits.

If you don't want to build a MoJo, and you don't want to wait until the ARF's are in stock, look at the OMP profiles. IMO, all of those fly better than the CG Extra. It's your choice, and I understand if you don't want to wait, but you won't know what you are missing if you don't give the MoJo a try. I rarely discourage anyone from what they like, but you are mistaken if you believe the two planes are in the same performance category. Please don't take offense to what I have said, I just want you to get more for your money.

JW

Old 12-14-2005, 01:44 AM
IowaSilvia
My Feedback: (97)

I think Mr. Wells summed it up pretty good (applause)!!!!!!! Great job John.

I don't think the CG Extra is even in the hunting for the top 10 40 size profiles.

You've got the Bad Boy, the Mojo, OMP Yak, OMP Edge, OMP Katana, Extreme Flight Edge 540T, Glowplug boy, Chinn Yak, Mojo, Mojo, Mojo, Mojo, MOjo.

Oh Just get the mojo. Much lighter and very durable with the epoxy tube. It's a no brainer........
Old 12-14-2005, 01:44 AM
Sky Surfer

Thanks for the reply John. I appreciate it, and I definitely haven't taken any offense. Answers like yours are what I'm looking for when I'm plane and radio shopping. Take care.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:23 PM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

You may want to check out Extreme Flights Edge 540t profile.A little cheaper then the Mojo and they are back in stock.Really sweet flyer,no bad habits in any sense and really built well.All joints are dovetailed.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:58 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Between the Mojo and the CG extra the Mojo is way better.
If you are looking for an Extra 330L profile I have one I just got kitted this fall. I have about 20 of them out flying or in the build process so you can ask them. There is a video on the website below.
www.williamsrc.com
Jeff W.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:23 PM
srg123cohen
My Feedback: (13)

Also the CG extra is much heavier than the mojo rtf
Old 12-14-2005, 07:12 PM
kawasaki99
My Feedback: (48)

My mojo 60 weighs as much as my 330. 4lb. 14oz!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Sky Surfer

I think I'm going for the Mojo, thanks for all your input. I'd consider that Extra, but I want an arf. That Mojo looks pretty good. Has anyone done a review on it?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:58 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

No, because the Mojo ARF is not in stock yet. Since you want an ARF it will be a good choice. Another good flying ARF you might also consider is the Extreme Flight Edge, they are back in stock. www.extremeflightrc.com
Jeff W.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to chime in here.

The planes that Billy Hell () represents and markets are all completely designed with one purpose in mind. 3D! A lot of profiles designed and marketed by other companies don't have anywhere near the 3D experience background that Hobby Lobby possesses through the ProBros. That in itself is a VERY talented information base. OMP and Morris are the only other company that comes even close.

So if you want a profile that will do what it's advertised to do, do it well, and is well laid out, go with the Mojo.

Pat
Old 12-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Sky Surfer

I appreciate that Pat.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:24 AM
YNOT

ORIGINAL: John Wells

ORIGINAL: Sky Surfer

I've had both planes (still have a mojo 40). Where do I start?[sm=tired.gif] Have you ever driven a car with all worn out front end parts like ball joints, tie-rods, idler arm etc.?? When you try to drive it down the highway, you're in for a work out. The car will always wander around in it's lane, and it'll work you to death. You could never relax and enjoy, because it's always got a mind of it's own. The CG Extra is heavy compared to a MoJo, and it doesn't do any 3D stuff as easy as a MoJo. The CG Extra may have specs that show it as being lighter than a MoJo, but I have never seen one that comes in at it's advertised weight. In fact, when compared to the good .40 size 3D profiles, the Extra is considered a rock and flies like one.

A lot of profiles can flip, flop, snap, spin, and hover. Discerning 3D flyers can instantly tell the difference between the CG Extra and the MoJo. New guys don't understand it, until they try to master different manuevers and link a routine together. The Extra will fight and frustrate you, unlike the MoJo (and some others), which does it gracefully with little or no coupling or bad habits.

If you don't want to build a MoJo, and you don't want to wait until the ARF's are in stock, look at the OMP profiles. IMO, all of those fly better than the CG Extra. It's your choice, and I understand if you don't want to wait, but you won't know what you are missing if you don't give the MoJo a try. I rarely discourage anyone from what they like, but you are mistaken if you believe the two planes are in the same performance category. Please don't take offense to what I have said, I just want you to get more for your money.

JW

Dam John, that pretty much sums it up. Good job.

Many pilots do not know how a good plane is suppose to fly, until they fly a really good one. The Mojo is a good one. I understand, if you get your name on the list now, you can get in on the next run of ARF Mojo. The first batch, small batch, sold out so fast, more people should be able to get in on the next run. Better call quick. These are not mass produced chinacrap planes. These are hand built and hand covered ARF planes. The quality of the first run was fantastic, light, straight and strong.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:29 AM
Sky Surfer

All of you guys are so dang elequent...
Old 01-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Balsa Steel
My Feedback: (3)

Besides the truths posted above, there is a wealth of experienced and knowledgeable flyers, including the distributor and even the aircraft's designer that are out there chomping at the bit to help people like yourself with any questions you may have with your Mojo. I've seen them even give out their cell phone numbers to guys that need help. You absolutely will not get anywhere near that kind of support from Goldberg. Trust me, been there! They've lost any of my future business over a cheap defective cowl. I have to add, that Tower Hobbies stood up and took care of the problem that Goldberg wouldn't!
Old 01-08-2006, 05:01 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

These are not mass produced chinacrap planes. These are hand built and hand covered ARF planes.
Which ones are chinacrap planes? Ours are made in China and they are all hand made.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Sky Surfer

Trust me, I believe all of you when you tell me that quality of the Mojo 40 airplane. I'm on the waiting list. In the meantime, I've just made a deal with a friend who has a Goldburg 330 profile. I'm buying his for 50 bucks. It's still in great shape. I flew it on Saturday and it does fly great. If the Mojo flys better than the 330, than I'm going to be in for one hell of a surprise when I get the Mojo. I'm going to mount the 46fx that I had in the Twist into the 330 along with the JR digital standard servos and 6V 1100 mah battery that I had in the twist too. I was very impressed by the 330. Dont' take me wrong, I'm still waiting on that Mojo. I'm going to put a 72 Saito into the Billy Hell plane. The servos will be Hitec digital standards and the battery will be a 6v system for faster response times. Fun, fun, fun. Yesterday I brought my Nitro Rustler to the field. That cars just getting broken in right. I was climbing 4 and 5 foot hills, jumping off the top, and taking the next one. I could barely follow the car through the rough stuff, and that's with stock tires on it. The Rustler's just tearing it up on the flats too. The car was going so fast it was getting air. I'm going to change the tires to truck tires so it'll keep up with the Savages and T-maxx's in the rough stuff. Too much fun.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:42 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

I'd like to chime in here.

The planes that Billy Hell () represents and markets are all completely designed with one purpose in mind. 3D! A lot of profiles designed and marketed by other companies don't have anywhere near the 3D experience background that Hobby Lobby possesses through the ProBros. That in itself is a VERY talented information base. OMP and Morris are the only other company that comes even close.

Pat

Just to clarify, BH does not work for Hobby Lobby anymore and I would have to say Morris Hobbies far outpaces the rest of us. Morris Hobbies was the first REAL company to bring modern 3d profiles into the market in both kit and arf format probably 10 years back. Their knowledge and experience along with their designers can only be imitated.....and they have been. OMP came along 5 years ago and has introduced 9, yes 9 original 3D designs and numerous other 3d designs from designers both inside the ProBros and elsewhere. Just trying to keep things in perspective.

Bottomline is yes, there are now numerous choices for very high quality profiles out there that will all perform tremendously better than those available years ago. With the talents of the ProBros, even more will certainly come. We should all count our blessings!
Old 01-09-2006, 10:40 AM
budshobby

But the Mojo is not made in China. It is made by Nikitis Aircraft in Ohio.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:47 PM
YNOT

ORIGINAL: AFSalmon

I would have to say Morris Hobbies far outpaces the rest of us. Morris Hobbies was the first REAL company to bring modern 3d profiles into the market in both kit and arf format probably 10 years back. Their knowledge and experience along with their designers can only be imitated.....and they have been.
Morris did set a standard years ago, however I must say their designs are very outdated and they almost seem to refuse to update anything.

Glad we have other options today by people who fly these type planes and understand how they are suppose to fly.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:08 PM
profile540

I just got back into flying 2 years ago and all i fly is profiles,there is alot of good ones i have a good majority of them too be honest OMP has good customer service really like them alot,but i dont care who it is im not paying $190.00 for a 40 size planes,i dont care where its built it cant be that good.I came close to getting the mojo but thats to much for a 40 size plane so i ordered an extreme flight 540 and its not my first.i have accel models and even more OMP................JUST MY 2 CENTS...............
Old 01-09-2006, 03:35 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

dont care where its built it cant be that good.
Being made in China or Detroit or Phillipines doesn't mean anything, it's the person who oversees the quality that makes the difference. Also made in America does not mean that it's better built, it means it's made in America. I applaud BHRC for producing planes in the USA, good for him. I wish that we could do this but with the demand that our planes sell, we cannot.

I can assure you that the quality built into our planes, Morris Hobbies and even those amazing Extreme Flight Yaks will be assembled as good as any other person in any other area of the world. The Chinese are very talented people WHEN THEY ARE MANAGED PROPERLY. In many cases they are. I mean just look at all the companies pushing high quality stuff. Dave Patrick is perfect example his stuff is all made in China and the quality is something you won't find in any master built kit ANYWHERE. That's because Dave knows how to manage his quality and his factory and he's been doing it for many years. OMP is trying our best to do the same.

OMP and TMPro oversees the quality and production at the factories first hand now. We didn't do this in the begining, but we've learned from it and we are doing it now. Just talk to anyone who ordered a Katana V2 and try to ask him where it was made. It doesn't matter where it was made because the quality is top notch.

Bottom line is that the quality in Chinese ARF's is as good as, if not better then any American produced ARF.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:08 PM
profile540

That last batch of V2s kicked but.............good stuff keep up the quality really like the product.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.