Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

I AM LOOKING FOR .25 SIZE ARTF PROFILE PLANE

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

I AM LOOKING FOR .25 SIZE ARTF PROFILE PLANE

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 02:07 PM
born.to.fly75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I AM LOOKING FOR .25 SIZE ARTF PROFILE PLANE

Hi fellow nerds (this is what my wife calls all who enjoy twiddling the sticks)

I am looking for an ARTF .25 size engined profile plane (edge, katana, extra) etc but cannot find any available to buy. Just thought you guys may have some ideas.

Cheers

BORN TO FLY
Old 12-18-2005, 08:19 AM
philfun
My Feedback: (58)

Default RE: I AM LOOKING FOR .25 SIZE ARTF PROFILE PLANE

Hey Born to fly,

As far as I know i can't remenber any.

You have to convince Paul or Bill or OMP to add one on the production line !

Look for used Taco.

Good luck.

Phil
Old 12-18-2005, 09:56 AM
kolarshooter
My Feedback: (1)

I know you want an arf...but I recently built a Paul Swany "Fat Free Taco" and have really been enjoying the plane. the build is SOOOO easy. Even without much/any experience, you could build one in a day...at least have it ready to cover in a day (if you're pretty slow.)

It's a geat plane...mine, with a Saito 40 (the only way to go, in my opinion) weighs just 2 pounds 10 ounces! Unbelievable!

[link=http://www.swanyshouse.com/tacoff/tacoff.html]Fat Free Taco[/link]
Old 12-18-2005, 04:40 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

I second the taco. I framed mine up in about four hours. I still have some work to do, but it is getting close to ready for cover. The CNC parts cutting and assembling of this plane makes it a nice build. It's a great flier too!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Jerry-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

The Morris Pen Knife is a compact, one-piece, 36" span version of The great flying Morris the Knife. It is designed to hold a full size radio and is the best flying .25-size profile airplane we have flown. It is a kit. Not an ARF
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86794.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	372569  
Old 12-19-2005, 12:40 PM
AFSalmon

My argument for anyone wanting a .25 size model now is why? Get a 3D buddy or one of the new OMP EP katanas coming and go electric. These are all in the 30-36" wingspan size and way more convenient than glow. For that size model, I just don't see the advantage to going glow anymore. Take a real close look at the 3D buddy series OMP sells and compare.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:25 PM
southern_touch9

For those of us wanting to fly the plane all day it gets hard to afford the batteries. I would rather just slap a $45 TT .25 on there and wear it out all day long.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:08 PM
kolarshooter
My Feedback: (1)

I like electrics and glow (and gasoline, too) and like them all for different reasons. I have e-planes in this size, yet still prefer the FF-Taco with my trusty new Saito 40. I'll admit that I was not too keen on the plane when I had a two stroke motor on it...but that's just me, I suppose.

Southern_touch9 has a point...not being limited to a couple of short flights is a selling point. I'll likely get more excited with e-flying (with planes which are larger than foamies) when the cost and weight come down (compared to glow.)

I don't really see a 3D Buddy as being in the same catagory (size-wise) with a Taco or Pen Knife...more like one of Jason Schulman's Exhillas (which I also have.)

In spite of what I've just written, I'm hoping Santa brings me a 3D buddy

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2005, 02:55 PM
probro1213

Mini Mojo ?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-22-2005, 04:13 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

The 3D Buddy might not have the specs of the Exhila, but the Katana EP RTF does, same wingspan and both have great design.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:27 PM
JAkridge

I have 2 real nice OS .25's LA's setting around from a R.I.P P-38 profile. I was reading through this thread and I'm getting fire up looking at the Fat Free Taco web site. Looks to be a nice little profile, mite be just what the doctor ordered.

Mike P., I have to agree with southern touch9 that the .25 size engines are still a viable power plant to have fun with even in a small plane, like a Taco or a 3D buddy, The electric stuff is great for some guys, but not others. I find the elec stuff a P.I.T.A., and costly too.
Hey I love my little shockies, but thats where I draw the line with electric's. To each his own.

That being said, since I do have 2 .25's lying around maybe a little test will be in order, . I'm already all over a Fat Free Taco for one of the .25's. So what is the best match for the other little .25 ???? I'm up for a mini profile duel. [>:]

OMP??? what do ya got?

After doing some searching, it looks like Morris's Pen Knife is the closest match.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:31 PM
novabill

We have been working on a .25 size profile for some time, but it seemed like the interest was dwindling. Maybe I need to pull her out of mothballs and finish.
It'll be a kit though.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:32 PM
aerofundan

i had a morris pen knife 25, its even featured in one of our videos "profile fun", it hovers and harriers great! does some crazy upright flatr spins, but other than that the plane was hard to fly!! i think it was also because mine came ultra tail heavy with an os 25 fx! but it was really fun anyway! i had fun flying it in very small spaces! it did some really great waterfalls, i couldn't get a decent knife edge out of it! maybe i was too tail heavy or something? i remember one time i removed the landing gear for the engine to have more power LOL, it was soooo tail heavy the plane only hovered, it couldn't even harrier LOL it was like 10 minutes torque rolls flight!

Daniel
www.aerofunrc.com
Old 01-04-2006, 11:48 PM
novabill

ORIGINAL: aerofundan

i had a morris pen knife 25, its even featured in one of our videos "profile fun", it hovers and harriers great! does some crazy upright flatr spins, but other than that the plane was hard to fly!! i think it was also because mine came ultra tail heavy with an os 25 fx! but it was really fun anyway! i had fun flying it in very small spaces! it did some really great waterfalls, i couldn't get a decent knife edge out of it! maybe i was too tail heavy or something? i remember one time i removed the landing gear for the engine to have more power LOL, it was soooo tail heavy the plane only hovered, it couldn't even harrier LOL it was like 10 minutes torque rolls flight!

As soon as we get settled in, I'll send u a kit. Just let me know if u like the CAP. EXTRA, or SUK better.

Daniel
www.aerofunrc.com
Old 01-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Young-RCPilot

I know a guy with a OS 25La that he put in a Mini Funtana and he says its great says the power is insane and it hovers at 1/3 throttle and it does everything.