Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

OMP Katana 46 v2

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 08:51 PM
BMiracleTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMP Katana 46 v2

Hey there everyone in the vast R/C Universe cyber-info-network!

I am getting back into nitro slimers. I have been only flying electrics (Katana Mini, Mini Funtana, EFlite Yak, AeroWorks profile Sukhoi, etc) for a few years due to no nitro fields around. I have recently moved to San Antonio TX and now have flying fields!

After some research, I just placed an order for the 48" TMPro / OMP Katana V2 46 ARF. Now I am trying to decide on the engine setup. Sitting in the closet I still have a OS 40FX and a 46FX. I have also been looking at a OS 50SX, YS 63, Saito 72, Saito 82 but am concerned about the vibration of the four-strokes on the profile. Should I stick with my 46FX which has run great on everything I ever put it on? With a 12x4 APC?

I am looking for good climb out power but do not need the insane overpowered rocket out.

Thank you in advance for any opinions/personal experience with slimer profile set-ups.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:07 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OMP Katana 46 v2

With the exception of the 40, all of the engines you mentioned will do fine. Since you already have the 46 it would be my pick, unless you are looking for an excuse to buy another engine. IMO the other candidates would be a step up from the 46, but a lot of the "which is better" talk boils down to personal preference.