Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

omp 10-300 ultimate set up

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

omp 10-300 ultimate set up

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 10:27 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default omp 10-300 ultimate set up

would like to know whats everyone using for servos, RTF wieght, engines, what you had to do to get the recomend CG, anything you would do different during building. i just getting started with building one of these, and any flight reports, i can't find much info on this plane, maybe because it's a kit, any info would be great
thanks dan garlock
Old 01-12-2006, 12:05 PM
andrew69

Default RE: omp 10-300 ultimate set up

Hi,
got mine done last year I'm using a YS91fz on mine (loving it) takes off on full trim with the stick down lol
as for the servo's i'v got 3010's all round and the RTF weight is about 7 1/2 lb (with a full tank)
my C.G is at the 1st bolt for the top wing with the bat in the stock place with no led.

the oley thing thats happened with mine after many flite's one of the engine rails split away from the engine box. some 30min epoxy later and it's fine now. I put it down to the big 4-stroke

i done the build as per the book. i had built in 2 weeks!!!

Andrew
Old 01-12-2006, 01:14 PM
closetguy

thanks for info ANDREW69
i was thinking of a os 91 2strk. but if these are coming out at 7lbs.,maybe a YS 110 would be
better, but that may make it to hard to get the CG, thats why i am looking for info
thanks agian
Old 01-12-2006, 02:11 PM
andrew69

glad to help
I think the os 91fx will be fine on it.
i have one on my funtana 90 with a tuned pipe swinging a 16x4w and it's about on par with my YS swinging the same prop (had the YS on the funtana first)

i used epoxy on my fuz sheeting so that added a bit of weight I'm also running a big 6v bat in mine so it is on the heavy side.

Andrew
Old 01-13-2006, 08:15 AM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

saito 100 is perfect, you need a light motor on the nose of this one. Mine is 6.5 lbs with a saito 100. had to add about an ounce on the tail to get the cg 3D worthy
I used hitec 625's and some 5975's I had, you almost have to use a 1050 ma batt pack. It's about the only battery small enough to fit in the batt/Rx/ switch hatch and get it all in there
It's not a precision airplane but it tracks a line OK. Hovering is good, TRing is VERY good. Rolling harriers are very very good. Does a decent upright harrier. Inverted... well it's good "for a biplane" It will do it but you have to work at it, KE is pretty good for a bipe, you have to keep a little speed up on the high alpha KE stuff or it will get wobbly and want to fall over. of course flat spins and tumbles are good, wont waterfall for beans.

Mine when it was fresh and new
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92321.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	386706  
Old 01-13-2006, 12:01 PM
closetguy

SMALLFLY
i'm glad to here you can get these in the 6-1/2 lbs. range, the 100 saito would work well,i plan on using metal gear servos in the tail to help balance, i think the saito would be lighter than a OS91 FX when you consider the muffler wieght, great flight report, i can't do inverted harriers so that won't be a problem, thanks for great info it makes it easier to decide what to use
nice job on yours looks good
Old 01-17-2006, 11:03 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

I'm using my trusty OS .91 and the AUW is 6 1/4 lbs. Using 635 servos all the way around and it works great. Tom is right with the bipe.....they fly different than monoplanes but once you learn how to fly it, it sure is cool looking. Maybe it's me but I have no problems doing inverted harriers at all. Once in the sweet spot I can do figure 8's all over the field. The trick is keep the wings flat and don't let the plane roll into the turns. Windy days also can cause some wobbling when you get crossways against the wind.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:29 PM
closetguy

AFSALMON
did you need wieght in tail to get CG correct,and do you have stock muffler, are your batteries in stock location. THANKS for any info.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:36 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

I have no tail weight on the plane at all. The rx and battery are both in the center hatch area. To put the battery in I dug some of the foam out below the hatch so that I could install the battery from the hatch and recess it between the sheeting. Then I have plenty of room for the rx and switch which is mounted on the hatch cover. Yes I have the stock OS muffler as well. Not the best but not too bad as the OS 160 muffler.