Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

BB V2 Ready to go

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BB V2 Ready to go

Well I got that all figured out. Admitably I had a harder time building this plane than my WildHare Edge 540. All the wing shimming BS figuring out where to mount some of the electronics. Not to mention this plane is a royal PAIN to take the wings off and reinstall. Hopfully I will get to fly it in the next couple days.

Just hope that some one back at the manufacturing place gets this wing squaring up issue resolved This is POOR craftsmanship.

Oh, for anyone thinking about using a heat gun to reshrink the clear covering. DON'T! I had my covering melt real fast. Just use an iron and you will be good.

I have a Satio 82 with a 14X4W on it and had to add 2.5oz to the tail to get it to balance. I do NOT have a spinner on it.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:21 PM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BB V2 Ready to go

Man sounds like you had a few issues getting it together. Hopefully the end product will make up for it!

I have the exact same setup with a .82 an mine balance fine without weight.

Let us know how the maiden goes!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:53 PM
P3RIPPERFW
My Feedback: (5)

I had all the same problems youve had...melted a little hole in the covering, I dont take the wings off the plane for the same reason you said its a pain, and the wing squaring was aproblem too......

but I can say this plane flys awesome!!! Maybe not the best profile design out or Maybe not the best flying in some aspects...but this thing does fly great and feels so light in the air.

I think you will like it even with the few issues during construction.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:32 AM
novabill

ORIGINAL: Ken Bryant

Well I got that all figured out. Admitably I had a harder time building this plane than my WildHare Edge 540. All the wing shimming BS figuring out where to mount some of the electronics. Not to mention this plane is a royal PAIN to take the wings off and reinstall. Hopfully I will get to fly it in the next couple days.

Just hope that some one back at the manufacturing place gets this wing squaring up issue resolved This is POOR craftsmanship.

Oh, for anyone thinking about using a heat gun to reshrink the clear covering. DON'T! I had my covering melt real fast. Just use an iron and you will be good.

I have a Satio 82 with a 14X4W on it and had to add 2.5oz to the tail to get it to balance. I do NOT have a spinner on it.
Ken,

you will enjoy the way your Bad Boy flys. I will be adding an addendum to the instructions warning about the clear covering and explaining my electronics setup. Throughout the various threads there are pictures on how I set up the electronics.
Place the RX battery in the TE of the left wing and mount the RX where it says to mount the battery. Remove the led and go fly.

Hope this helps

Old 01-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Ken Bryant

I already have the battery in the aft part of a wing. The reciever is where they suggest. The lead unfortunatly I think is a part that I am stuck with. I have the engine aft in the mount to where the prop just clears the front end. I concidered shaving the front but I don't know what the structure is like in the nose.

My bird is ready to fly and I hope to get it done tomorrow. I will be sure to report back here with my impresions. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Basement Troll
My Feedback: (3)

Ken when I flew mine the first time I was just aft of the recommended CG and it was quite tail heavy. I ended up taking the weight out and it was great. Try the recommeded CG of 142mm and I bet you find it flies very well for 3 D there. The covering is a bit suspect but it is very light. I have dorked this plane harder than you would believe and it keeps on flying. I thumped it nose in at full throttle from about 20 feet, (YS 63S) and the wings broke a bit. An hours work of glue and a bit of covering and it has flown lots since then. It's a profile and the wing jigs they use aren't perfect but from what I understand they will remedy this in the next version. It took me about 15 minutes to put some 1/16th balsa on the root ribs for shims and sand it flush. I coated it with thin ca to fuel proof it and it was fine. The plane flies well. Check in after about 5 flights and see if you still feel the same way. Good luck and have fun.
Don
Old 01-21-2006, 08:30 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

KEN
IF YOU BUT YOUR RX IN THE SLOT THATS MENT FOR THE BATTERY IT MAKES IT EASIER TO PUT WINGS ON AND OFF, I HAVE A SAITO 72 ON MINE, IT WIEGHS .6 OZS. MORE THAN A 82,I HAVE A 2500 AA 5 CELL IN THE LEFT TRAILING EDGE WING AND THE CG IS PERFECT AT 5.5 INCHS. FROM LEADING EDGE, YOUR GOING TO LIKE YHE WAY IT FLIES, IF YOUR NOT TAIL HEAVY , HAVE FUN
Old 01-21-2006, 10:58 AM
novabill

I'm really stumped by the 2.5oz lead thing. My YS 1.10 Bad Boy only took about 2.5oz to balance and I simply grafted in the RX pack toward the rear of the fuse.
Please recheck your CG measurements as you have heard from two other BB owners with the same weight engine not needing lead.

Reguards
Old 01-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Basement Troll

William, did you ever fly that thing with the 110 on it? I never heard the flight report.
Don
Old 01-21-2006, 01:02 PM
novabill

Don,

Been too buisy with the move to fly at all and now I have an 84" edge, fusion, 2 katana minis and a handful of stiffys to build. Oh yeah, and an EF Yak waiting on that motor as well.

Looks like I need to get buisy
Old 01-21-2006, 09:15 PM
dhooks

ORIGINAL: novabill

Don,

Been too buisy with the move to fly at all and now I have an 84" edge, fusion, 2 katana minis and a handful of stiffys to build. Oh yeah, and an EF Yak waiting on that motor as well.

Looks like I need to get buisy

Yea for real, I need the 1.10 on the yak, what are we waiting on?
Old 01-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Basement Troll

Send me the Yak I've got a 110 I'll put on it!! I've actually got lots to do as well. I have a Maxair Revolution II that should show up in a day or two and that's what the 110 is for. I also ordered an Ultra R/C Giles and YS 140 from OMP as well. I'll have lots to do and lots to crash this year. How did the move go and when are you going to choose the winner of the "Name my new store contest"?? Get settled and get building! Better make sure you get some flights in on the Yak before Hooks gets at it. He looks like he's not afraid to take a few chances with his plane by his videos. Just think of the risks he'll take with yours.
Don
Old 01-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Ken Bryant

Flew it today with the weight. It's a fun plane to fly but overall it needs work. I am going to remove some of the tail weight. When I flew inverted with a full fuel tank it flew flat and level.

Discovered that the stab will flutter like crazy if you get going to fast.

I think I'll enjoy it once I get to really fly it.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:11 AM
Basement Troll

Ken check the glue joints in the stab and elevator. I had a couple that were loose in the elevator. It actually helped though as the elevator was a bit twisted and I straightened it before I re-glued it. I took the wing tips off of mine as well. That was where the covering melted on mine and I didn't feel like messing with them so I took them off and put white over the end. It rolls a lot faster without them. I swear mine flies better since I crashed it and repaired it. Maybe I straightened something with the impact.
Don
Old 01-22-2006, 02:57 PM
dhooks

Where did you balance the plane Ken? At 5.5 back from the LE it should require just a touch of down when inverted.

Never had the stab flutter on mine either, profiles arent made to fly fast. William takes his with the .63 an 13x6 an does full throttle runs with it though.

Hopefully you get it worked out as it really is a fun plane to fly.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Ken Bryant

I balanced it at 142mm as directed i the manual. As for the Futter I should not have said Stab. I ment the elevator surface.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:06 PM
dhooks

I balanced it at 142mm as directed i the manual. As for the Futter I should not have said Stab. I ment the elevator surface.

Yea thats a little different What servos are you using? Linkages throws etc? Anything will flutter under the wrong conditions, not hardly the planes fault.

Get a chance to fly it today?
Old 01-27-2006, 03:01 PM
novabill

Hey all,

We have announced the new name on the rename Carolina 3D threads.

Go here

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37..._4/key_/tm.htm

or

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3832308/tm.htm
Old 01-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Ken Bryant

OK, I have 5 flights on it. I ended up removing 1/2 oz from the tail. It's an ok plane but I'm not overly impressed with it. Since this is my first profile I can't really compare it to any others.
My problems with this plane thus far:
Wingtip covering gave way from vibration. I guess this is a known problem.
The rudder CA hinges gave out on the 5th flight. These CA hinges are NOT able to handle the work put into this plane I can say that they need to have more than just 2 installed and better and bigger would make a large difference.

Lastly, NOVABILL, I think you really need to QUIT spamming every single thread where the Badboy is mentioned so you can anounce something new with the company. DUDE, SPAM SUCKS! and so do you if you keep this stupid crap up. If you want to make company anouncments whay not get a seperate company forum for your site.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:45 PM
novabill

OK, I have 5 flights on it. I ended up removing 1/2 oz from the tail. It's an ok plane but I'm not overly impressed with it. Since this is my first profile I can't really compare it to any others.
My problems with this plane thus far:
Wingtip covering gave way from vibration. I guess this is a known problem.
The rudder CA hinges gave out on the 5th flight. These CA hinges are NOT able to handle the work put into this plane I can say that they need to have more than just 2 installed and better and bigger would make a large difference.

Lastly, NOVABILL, I think you really need to QUIT spamming every single thread where the Badboy is mentioned so you can anounce something new with the company. DUDE, SPAM SUCKS! and so do you if you keep this stupid crap up. If you want to make company anouncments whay not get a seperate company forum for your site.

I was cool with the thread you started (as stated in my post). I am cool with your constructive criticizm of my products. But you just did the same thing I'm being accused of. As a matter of fact, the above paragraph looks like a copy/paste from your own thread.
Dude, grow up and the next time I piss you off, you might think about shooting me a PM and just try to be mature about your comments.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Ken Bryant

I was cool with the thread you started (as stated in my post). I am cool with your constructive criticizm of my products. But you just did the same thing I'm being accused of. As a matter of fact, the above paragraph looks like a copy/paste from your own thread.
Dude, grow up and the next time I piss you off, you might think about shooting me a PM and just try to be mature about your comments.
You are correct. However let me explain. I wanted to give my opinion on what I thought of this particular plane. After I did it I decided to start a thread dedicated to the second subject instead of having it buried in here. So to save the effort of retyping I did cut and paste. Having your comments in the thread above mine is what keyed me off on the subject.
Hey all,

We have announced the new name on the rename Carolina 3D threads.
Go here
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37..._4/key_/tm.htm
or
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3832308/tm.htm
At least I didn't go into every thread and post it. That would have been doing what you do. SInce I only had it posted in 2 threads both of which had been started by me in the first place I don't see it the same way you do. I don't plan on going *** for tat on this hole thing. My goal has been solved and I don't suspect you will be doing the spam thing again. So I am good with it. I appologize to you if you think I was doing what you where doing. It was not the intent.