Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Aerofun website back online!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Aerofun website back online!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 09:42 PM
aerofundan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerofun website back online!

Hey guys after a small down time, our website is finally back online

I invite all you guys to check it out, we have lots of 3d videos.

http://www.aerofunrc.com

Of course as always thanks to our friend Joe Hunt for hosting us

Daniel
Old 01-27-2006, 09:53 PM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Aerofun website back online!

Yea I saw it was down, didnt pay ya hosting?
Old 01-27-2006, 09:59 PM
aerofundan

had some problems with the company that holds the domain but now its back online =)
Old 02-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Trogdor the Burninator

Looks like you're having fun in the new videos! However, whoever hovered the little plane through the swings wimped out by not high alpha knife edging it between the swing chains!

The Katana really looks great, like a big foamy. I was just about to get one but found we'll be losing our field in July! only 2.5 miles from home, so sad... once we find another place for sure I think I'll try it - my OS 46FX is sitting in a box all lonely.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:36 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Man that stinks loosing your field. I know how that is as we've lost one of our local fields here as well. You need to get one of the EP Katanas so you can fly it anywhere.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:14 PM
aerofundan

ORIGINAL: Trogdor the Burninator

Looks like you're having fun in the new videos! However, whoever hovered the little plane through the swings wimped out by not high alpha knife edging it between the swing chains!

The Katana really looks great, like a big foamy. I was just about to get one but found we'll be losing our field in July! only 2.5 miles from home, so sad... once we find another place for sure I think I'll try it - my OS 46FX is sitting in a box all lonely.
Yo man sup??? lol yeah man you gotta see the footage i got today, i've never had so much fun flying in my life like today!! got like 10 flights today on my katana, it was crazy fun! and you know i've had a lot of fun in our other videos!!! but today it was FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN! lol, i'll be posting the new video probably this weekend, because tomorrow i'm going to fly too!!

Man that sucks you guys are losing your field! isn't there any other one close to you??, if not... for now i would heavily recommend to get an electric plane so you can fly anywhere!

well, that 46fx would be very nice for the katana v2 i think =) should pull it around pretty good!!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Trogdor the Burninator

MAN! I need to win the lottery so I can fly every day like you guys!

Well, hopefully one of the guys in the club with some connections can find us another place. I do have a lot of electrics and actually they have kept me from getting a profile glo plane last year.. thats about the time I was asking you guys about them I think on your site.

Anyway, I'm getting sick of lipo packs cost and how fragile they seem to be... I need an electric break for awhile so I've wanted to get back into glo where you really can fly all day continuous without spending 1 million on battery packs. I think I will get this Katana anyway and just fly the crap out of it until July and just hope for the best.

Ya, the 46 should be nice with a ~4 pound plane. I'll try a micro throttle servo, little AAA rx pack, light standard servos and think that should help the power to weight although my 5.5 pound Hanger 9 Twist did pretty good on that 46FX with Tower muffler.

Sooo, do you think the two piece wing actually does make the plane stronger? Any problems you've seen so far? I've been considering this and the Bad Boy V2 from precision Aerobatics. They both seem similar and maybe just hardware differences between them but since you like the Katana and I know you know what you're talking about - I'll just go with this.

Did you seal all the hinge gaps? Do you use any mixing for coupling in knife edge or spoilerons for harrier etc etc? Did you just max out the throws or is that even too much? Any other setup advice or is it pretty straightforward? What servos you using? Balance ok using stock locations for everything? I wonder if my engine will make it tail heavy??

Whew, getting long winded here trying to avoid work! Anyway, thanks for the vids.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:07 PM
aerofundan

Yeah the aluminum wing tube does makes the plane stronger, its a pretty strong plane. Only things i would replace is the pihllip screws for allen bolts, and the tail wheel.

No mixing at all, everything pretty stock, balanced at 13 cm from the leading edge. I'm using all standard servos, hinge gaps are not sealed. For more info check out the review at my page