Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

How to land the OMP Katana V2?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

How to land the OMP Katana V2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Desert Toad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to land the OMP Katana V2?

I just switched from the OMP Edge (loved it, but dead battery killed it) to the Katana V2.

But they certainly don't land the same. First landing it fell from about 4 feet, so much for the wire gear. So back under way I did a few more, and they all stalled out - good thing I kept the tetherlites from the Edge!

So question is, just how fast must you land these? Balance seems right on, no sticks when inverted.

thanks,

DT
Old 02-11-2006, 05:54 PM
aerofundan

Default RE: How to land the OMP Katana V2?

mine lands pretty slow, but from what you are saying, to me it seems like you are a little bit tail heavy, and the plane is probably going up at little when landing.. same thing that happens to most 3d planes when they are little tail heavy, my advice would be to stay on the throttle a little more, and that when you see the plane is close to stalling add some more throttle.. also change landing technique, instead of going way far, just land it close.. short approach with the plane going down fast to the runway, it shouldn't stall this way.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Desert Toad

Yeah, I guess I'll just shoot a few high and see how it acts. My Edge used to almost stop before it landed, and then roll about 5 feet.

I'll see what I learn tomorrow.

thanks,

DT
Old 02-11-2006, 09:07 PM
DagoNbr6

You might try getting an OS instead of a Super Kitty. That way all the landings won't be Deadstick like your last three. Also when you are hauling a&# down pull the right stick on your radio toward yourself. HE HE. Just augered the 65 Yak so I'm a little bitter. Should not have left work at noon to practice. Will order another one tonight, hopefully somebody will recieve the order and send the right stuff.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:54 PM
raideron
My Feedback: (1)

My V2 46 lands at a decent slow power on landing.... The profile's (3) that I have
flown really does not like deadsticks... More so in a low hover or harrier they tend
to go nose down pretty good with little recovery... I know...
Old 02-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Desert Toad

So Dago - Is that why you haven't answered you phone - you feel bad about your plane. Good luck getting another one.

Get that silly twin running, winds are dead calm. See ya around 11:00, got a couple of people who need a master on the trainer cord.

And did that "motor" of yours survive?

I think you're just bitter that I started this whole profile thing. "You should get one, they're fun".

hehe.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:25 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

Profiles land fine on dead stick they just tend to slow down a little too fast (thick airfoil, light weight). I usually get mine up really high cut the motor and have some fun. Its only good for about one blender, or half a rolling circle before you have to drop the nose and come on in.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Desert Toad

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was coming in more like a three point landing than wings level. So now I just come in with some speed, keep the wings level and when she's low cut the throttle. Putting the tetherlites from my Edge added a touch a nose weight, so where and what is the lightest way to add tail weight?

And where is the training video on how to do the flat spins, blenders, harriers, etc. Probably would help if I learned how to program the Hitec Eclipse radio too...

thanks,

DT
Old 02-13-2006, 10:44 AM
AFSalmon

Hey DT, we could all put you on a buddy chord next time you come to a meet. LOL Just teasing you buddy.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:41 PM
DagoNbr6

Bring the right props , hats and airplanes with you when you come Salmon. If you need to make a reservation just call, we will actually answer the phone, and don't be two weeks late. Just kiddin, your products are great.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Desert Toad

I was getting all excited about the trainer cord, and then he had to say he was KIDDING!

Okay, just send out the how-to DVD.

DT
Old 02-13-2006, 09:25 PM
DagoNbr6

I was really kidding to, I forgot I have a order in. Your products are not just great , they are the best. Can you ship a free buddy cord with that order?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:24 AM
AFSalmon

Actually I'll be in NV north of Las Vegas in mid May. Got to go fly some UAVs up there. How far are you guys from LV?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Desert Toad

You could make it up here in less than a day....

DT
Old 02-15-2006, 01:17 PM
AFSalmon

Uh, well probably won't have that much time! I'll be up about an hour or so north of LV anyway. I'm probably going to bring some stuff to play with while I'm out there anyway.