Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

52" Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 10:22 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 52" Fusion

The new Baby Fusion is now out and we have a new video up and running. Changed the music format from the standard rock and roll to a big band swing style. Hope you enjoy!

"http://fly-rams.com/ramsfiles/fusionswing.wmv"

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70300.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	407365  
Old 02-13-2006, 10:24 AM
aerofundan

Default RE: 52" Fusion

nice, i'm downloading video
Old 02-13-2006, 10:26 AM
AFSalmon

We need to get one of these in your hands to see what you can do Daniel! Heck it was pretty windy when Forrest was flying and he still made it look good. Thanks to our Cincinatti Bros for inviting us down again and using their field.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:36 AM
aerofundan

yeah! that would be awesome, when i made the tmpro katana review i was flying in like 12-15 knots, we are in summer here, its supeeer windy, thanks god summer ends here in like april [8D]
Old 02-13-2006, 10:38 AM
novabill

ORIGINAL: AFSalmon

We need to get one of these in your hands to see what you can do Daniel! Heck it was pretty windy when Forrest was flying and he still made it look good. Thanks to our Cincinatti Bros for inviting us down again and using their field.

We need to electrify one for SEFF and let Daniel do a freestyle routine when he comes up for the show.

Nice bird Mike, and nice flying Forrest
Old 02-13-2006, 10:41 AM
aerofundan

i just saw the video man! it looks awesome, seems like it really tracks like a pattern ship! and yet it flys 3d awesome, this must be like a dream plane! gotta be good for freestyle!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:43 AM
aerofundan

ORIGINAL: novabill

ORIGINAL: AFSalmon

We need to electrify one for SEFF and let Daniel do a freestyle routine when he comes up for the show.

Nice bird Mike, and nice flying Forrest

yeah, this plane looks like a freestyle machine
Old 02-14-2006, 08:20 AM
AFSalmon

Freestyle is one of the main reasons I designed the Fusions. Got tired of hanging on the prop and wanted something much more advanced. We will be working on ARF versions very soon as well, hopefully by this summer/fall.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:59 AM
aerofundan

yeah man, its so hard to get a good plane for freestyle! this one looks like its the one for freestyle! 3d and precision all in one, you guys should post a video of it flying a freestyle [8D]
Old 04-19-2006, 08:02 AM
joebob
My Feedback: (14)

What is the CG everyone is running for the 52" Fusion. I set mine up at 5" like the manual says, but it seems pretty nose heavy to me. Have to hold quite a bit of down while inverted. I have plenty of room to move things around. The battery in in the LE and the YS 63 is out at the end of the rails...
Old 04-19-2006, 06:29 PM
AeroDave

ok, ok.....ARF versions of the Fusion????? I just found my next plane. If I get any more of these things I may need an OMP logo for my flight box. Hey.........Mike, Ya'll got stickers? How about hats? Bowling shirts, maybe????????????

Silly Dave
Old 04-20-2006, 10:47 AM
AFSalmon

Joe, actually I'll admit I don't know the exact location of my cg. The way I set my planes up is to get the cg within the safe limits prior to flight and then get airborn and trimmed for level flight at about 3/4 throttle. Then roll inverted and see what the plane does. If it stays level or just "slightly" dives" then you are good. If the nose climbs then you are tail heavy. If the nose drops a lot then you are nose heavy.

ARF Fusions are in the works. I still anticipate summer time for delivery. We all know ARF schedules can be unpredictable [:-], so if you really want to experience the difference a Fusion can offer I suggest grabbing one of the kits now. They are truly very quick and easy to build. Especially the 52" Fusion as it is all wood. Here's a picture of the fuse frame and sheeting showing all the laser cutting. It really does snap together!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58008.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	448293  
Old 04-20-2006, 11:46 AM
AeroDave

That's a good point, and a good bet. Gosh, I haven't built a kit in ages. Plenty of scratch builds, but no kits. Hey, I'm off topic. What about the bowling shirts?