Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Global Bearcat?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 11:56 AM
JIMARRINGTON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Global Bearcat?

Just saw a kit for a Funfly Bearcat profile plane. Has anyone any experience with this kit?

Thanks
Jim
Old 03-22-2006, 03:46 AM
Steelie
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Global Bearcat?

Jim,
Got a couple Global Bearcats off of e*ay and building one now. Great price. Going together very nicely. Instructions are very good. I was looking for any other feedback on this kit for my own info.
steelie211
Old 04-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Vmaasec

What have I done wrong, I am building one of these kits, and the wing spar slot in the wing does not line up with the wing spar in the fuzz.
The wing location ribs are aligned correctly on the wing, but when you assemble the wing to the fuzz, the wing spar slot is 1/4'' out of position.

Any suggestions of a quick fix.

thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Steelie
My Feedback: (18)

Vmaasec,

If you glued the half-ribs onto the root ribs (R-1) making sure the large holes all are in line, everything should line up. As you probably know, the half ribs are to 'key' into the fuse for proper trailing edge alignment for both wing halves. Without me actually seeing what you have there, probably the best solution is to slide the wing halves into position on the fuse/spar joiner and do your best to see where the rib-halves (that are glued to R-1) need to be trimmed to allow them to 'key' into the fuse. Just make sure, looking from the rear, the trailing edges are directly across from each other and line up. OR you could mark and trim the wedge slot in the fuse that the half-ribs go into. Whatever you do, do not change anything at the center where the spar joiner accepts the wing halves. Fix this at the back.

Hope this helps.
Dan