Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Dion and AFPD? What the ...

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Dion and AFPD? What the ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 02:43 PM
huskerjew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dion and AFPD? What the ...

I was hunting around the RCU AFP&AFPD Forum for comments about the sim. The first person to write on the forum to answer my question said that if I wanted AFPD free for 15 days to email him and he would give me instructions, signed Dion. So I did, he gave me a code to input under the comments of what ever vendor I wanted to use. Basically go through the motions of purchasing the AFPD, input the code and I would magically get 15 free days of this sim. Well, I had been checking the www.aeroflypro.com slash www.ohiomodelplanes.com, same site, went through the motions and did what Dion instructed, but no notification, no free 15 days. The next day I emailed the OMP and asked about it, the reply email was in confusion so I called, a $186.00 was at stake at this point.

I talked to John Drake, he was a little irritated at first, complaining that they had not heard from Dion in three months and that they had basically written the guy off. Something about web-design and passwords. I felt bad for OMP, but what is up with this Dion guy?? I heard his name mentioned this weekend, thought I might ask. Beware of mis-information.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:48 PM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Dion and AFPD? What the ...

Sucks dude!
Old 02-28-2006, 01:20 AM
tiktock

i got this strange email from dino with only "TEST" was written. i was wondering why dino was sending me a test email.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:18 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

If you were offered you the 15 day return on the sim and if you don't want it you can send it to me and I will pay for your refund. Just send me an email if you would like to do so. There is no policy written about it on AFP site, just something I offered you in the sim forum to help your decision. It used to be full policy on the aeroflypro.com site, but went away. I also extend the offer to 60 days if you want to continue to use it, you're call.

So I did, he gave me a code to input under the comments of what ever vendor I wanted to use.
Whatever vendor? Who did you buy the sim from?

Also the "test" was from AeroFlyPro.com download site. It was done accidentally to test if the download site had email blast capabilities and I guess it worked. There are about 12,000 members of that site and I got about 11,000 replies to the test that it worked. So I guess test successful. I didn't mean to cause anyone harm. If you don't want to receive emails from forums that you sign up for, there is an option in your settings on just about every forum site on the net including this one and that one.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:23 AM
georgec

Thats strange I got the email and I have never joined that site. I have visited it but didn't join.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:39 AM
STLPilot

Is this you? I did a search on the memberlist for georgec.

xxxx from TX.

You have to sign up to dload any of the models.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:16 AM
georgec

That is not my email address but if it was... What gives you the right to post it in this forum. Don't ever post any of my info on here again. That address is old so I know you didn't send me a
email with it.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:43 AM
STLPilot

That was the email addy registered to georgec on aeroflypro.com and that was the email that was sent. Maybe you registered under another name.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:10 AM
huskerjew

You know what, it does not matter any more. I bought AFP from the OMP guys www.ohiomodelplanes.com, who I orginally asked for the trail that Dion had given me some code for. Apparently I should have choosen another vendor or something since OMP does not honor that trail period anymore, they did at one time but no more. But I am happy with my choice, thanks OMP.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:12 AM
georgec

That use to be address but it's not no more. And they don't forward them to my new address anymore so it came from somewhere else. And I prolly did sign up for the site at one time I had them confused with another site.

I still don't see what gives you the right to post any info of mine on this or any other site.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:16 AM
STLPilot

Regardless the offer still stands for 60 days. If you don't want it anymore just send me and email and I will buy it from you for the price you paid for it. At the time your ordered it I was still supporting OMP's site and have made that offer available to random poeple who posted on the sim forum who were standoffish. Either way have fun with it.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:29 AM
georgec

Dion you still need to take my email address down. I am at work and I clicked on the link you posted and it didn't come back it went some where. This ought to make people see what kind of person you really are I asked you to take my address down and you won't do it. You are still the same old jerk you always have been.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:31 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

OMP has not had that offer since last summer. All AFP or OMP inquiries should be addressed to [email protected] and not Dion.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:11 PM
dhooks

ORIGINAL: AFSalmon

OMP has not had that offer since last summer. All AFP or OMP inquiries should be addressed to [email protected] and not Dion.

So Dion is not handling aeroflypro.com that he has in his sig?
Old 02-28-2006, 01:13 PM
STLPilot

If you guys are bored and need some drama I suggest you look elsewhere. If you think I'm going to fall back into the Pro Bro drama play you are gravely mistaken.

If you want to find out what I'm doing now or whom I am associated with or what brand of undwerwear I have on, you can always look me up on Google as that may provide you with some answers.

The original poster's problem has been taken care of and he seems to be happy as per his email.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:38 PM
georgec

ORIGINAL: georgec

Dion you still need to take my email address down. I am at work and I clicked on the link you posted and it didn't come back it went some where. This ought to make people see what kind of person you really are I asked you to take my address down and you won't do it. You are still the same old jerk you always have been.

That email I sent to that address finally came back. So that address wasn't any good after all.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:43 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

If you guys are bored and need some drama I suggest you look elsewhere. If you think I'm going to fall back into the Pro Bro drama play you are gravely mistaken.

If you want to find out what I'm doing now or whom I am associated with or what brand of undwerwear I have on, you can always look me up on Google as that may provide you with some answers.

The original poster's problem has been taken care of and he seems to be happy as per his email.
There he is!! Good 'ol 50 grit Dion at his best.... I thought we lost you...
Old 02-28-2006, 01:46 PM
georgec

Like anybody would care what he doing anyway.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:46 PM
STLPilot

Exactly. So looks like the original poster is happy, your email addy is down, I explained why the accidental email so I guess we are good then.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:12 PM
dhooks

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Exactly. So looks like the original poster is happy, your email addy is down, I explained why the accidental email so I guess we are good then.

You prefer another thread to answer the question of who aeroflypro.com is?
Old 02-28-2006, 03:15 PM
STLPilot

Go ahead create as many threads as you like since it interests you so much.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:21 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The origianl issue has been taken care off so we are closing this thread down. Thanks Dave, forum moderator.