Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Fun 51

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:07 PM
gtschwan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun 51

I am building a Tower Hobbies Fun 51. It has a profile fuselage which requires that the fuel tank be mounted on the side of the fuse with rubber bands. Does anyone know if it is possible to mount the tank in the wing since the wing is fixed. I think it would be cool, but I'm not sure if it's possible in terms of structural integrity and balance. Thanks
Old 04-05-2006, 10:05 PM
YNOT

Default RE: Fun 51

Sure you can. More work however cleaner look.

Most modern day profiles leave them on the outside so you can watch the fuel amount.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:17 PM
GrantK
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like that would be more trouble than it would be worth. One thing I like about my Fun 51 is not having to take a wing or hatch off to get to the tank. I actualy have two tanks. One for fuel on one side and anouther for smoke oil on the other. Trust me build it the way the plans tell you and you'll have a plane that will dish out many reliable flights for years to come.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:49 PM
AeroDave

I've done that a bunch, put the tank in the wing. It does look cool. I always run the brass tubes from the tank out through the sheeting so changing lines is easy. I sorta stopped doing it though, because its really nice to be able to see how much fuel you have left. Oh yeah, the reason I started doing it wasn't for the look, but the ability to have a shorter nose moment for CG.