Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

OMP Hybrid Maiden

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 02:19 PM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMP Hybrid Maiden

Yesterday I had a chance to maiden my OMP Hybrid and MVVS 58 Prosport. What a machine! Super smooth and responsive power. It hovers at 4 clicks of throttle. This engine runs and starts great. Even with the 58 the a.u.w. is 16 1/2 pounds. It sure flies nice. Slow motion knife edge, nice flat spins, and nice harriers. This is the easiest landing plane I've ever flown. It slows down so much, it looks like it's just hangs there. Even though I'm on the rear-most balance point, it seems to fly pretty tail-heavy. It flies easily, but really climbs inverted. On the second landing, I harriered to a tail-touch, then landed with a 5 foot roll-out. I'm going to move the balance point forward, and going to give it a washer shim of upthrust. To land, I have to add 3 clicks of down elevator, otherwise if I just slow to an idle, it floats the length of the runway. I can tell this is going to be my favorite plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28636.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	441958  
Old 04-09-2006, 04:53 PM
E-Mo
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: OMP Hybrid Maiden

Beautifull ship there.
get some video if you can, i would love to see that beast fly.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:20 PM
martyg
My Feedback: (42)

Looks nice!

Could you post pictures of your engine installation?
Did you use the factory canister?
Old 04-10-2006, 12:43 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Hey thanks for the compliments. Sure looks like an awesome job you did and great auw at 16.5 lbs as well. What kind of muffler did you use?
Old 04-10-2006, 10:43 PM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

I flew it 4 more flights tonight. What a plane. You guys really have this one figured out. I used a J-tec pitts style muffler. I know this affects the power on the MVVS, but this thing is still ballistic with a Menz 24x8. It's a little loud, but we have no restrictions where we fly. The 58 is super responsive, idles way down with no hint of a flameout, and it is very smooth, both in vibration and acceleration.

I'll get some pictures of the engine install soon.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:40 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

Now I cant wait for mine to get done. Its just sitting there ready for some finishing touches. Maybe work will slack up and I can get busy. I have a DA-50 already mounted and the hitech 5955's have been sitting there for a few months along with the LI-ION packs, ready for action. I wish I had more time to spend flying and working on planes []