Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Giles G-202 Profile?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Giles G-202 Profile?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 09:02 AM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Giles G-202 Profile?

Does anybody know of a profile version of the G-202? Plans, or kit?

How does that swept leading edge work on a low aspect ratio FF wing and with 3-D flying?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 05-10-2006, 09:33 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Giles G-202 Profile?

If you're talking the Thunder Tiger Giles Profile.......that bird, along with the Thunder Tiger Profile Edge..(same plane just a different wing)......will work for 3d, the wing really dosent have any adverse effect.........BUT, there are same MAJOR reasons why you SHOULD NOT purchase this bird for 3d......

#1. Both of these birds are extremely heavy.
#2. Both birds are coated with that sticky shelfing plastic that is extremely fragile, and very heavy. When is gets a little cooler outside, that covering gets brittle....everytime you bump the bird putting it into the car.....POP.....another hole to fix!
#3 The internal structure of the fuse is filled with the softest balsa I have ever seen.......one semi hard landing....SNAP.....it's done!!!
#4. If you follow the instructions when you put it together......the stated C.G. is wrong, and the beast is too tail heavy, which is good for 3d, but if your a novice pilot......IT'S PLANE BUSTER!!!

I have owned, built, repaired/repaired/repaired/repaired and finally destroyed both of these kits........in a word..........

GARBAGE!!!!!!![:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

You can thank me later.......
Old 05-10-2006, 09:53 AM
mmattockx

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

If you're talking the Thunder Tiger Giles Profile.......that bird, along with the Thunder Tiger Profile Edge..(same plane just a different wing)......will work for 3d, the wing really dosent have any adverse effect.........BUT, there are same MAJOR reasons why you SHOULD NOT purchase this bird for 3d......
I wasn't thinking of any particular one. I hadn't seen any kits or plans for the 202 and was wondering if they were out there or not and if the swept leading edge planform worked for 3-D or not. I am actually drawing one up for a scratch build project, but if it's been done well previously I would just buy that instead. I am allergic to ARF's , so it won't be one of those regardless. I guess I will carry on with my doodling and see what comes out of that.

Thanks for the reply,
Mark
Old 05-10-2006, 05:20 PM
RC MANIAC119

Yes sir....it has been done........and it's name is MOJO!!! If you like to build, save yourself a lot of trial and error, and buy one of the Swanny MOJO's. Swept back leading and trailing edge....FANTASTIC FLYER!!!
You will not be sorry.........

Good luck

Old 05-10-2006, 10:14 PM
mmattockx

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

Yes sir....it has been done........and it's name is MOJO!!! If you like to build, save yourself a lot of trial and error, and buy one of the Swanny MOJO's. Swept back leading and trailing edge....FANTASTIC FLYER!!!
You will not be sorry.........

Good luck

That's funny. I actually ordered one last week...

I just happen to really like the looks of the Giles and was wondering about it's potential as a profile FF. I guess I will have to be the one to do it. Now to just figure out a way to quit working and not go broke...I need more time in this world.

Mark
Old 05-10-2006, 10:30 PM
RC MANIAC119

AMEN...BROTHER.......AMEN