Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Knife vs. Other

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 02:47 AM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA vs epoxy

Billy - CA is not stronger than epoxy. CA is quicker drying, and harder, though with the hardness comes brittle. CA is also much lighter and does not degrade with UV like most epoxies (except Cyberbond of course). Epoxy is elastic in comparison to CA, so it does have some shock absorbtion properties. The main reasons we do not use epoxy is because CA is some much quicker and lighter of epoxy.
Kevin
Old 12-27-2002, 05:48 AM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

Default Knife vs. Other

I was quoting my LHS guru. He said that this afternoon. So you are a fan of using expoxy on the wing and fuse?
Old 12-27-2002, 11:15 AM
f2racer

Default Knife vs. Other

Billy, I've started using Titebond as my CA replacement for building kits. Still using thin CA for stuff that needs to set FAST. I've always joined my wings with 30 minute epoxy, I'm reasonably careful not to use too much, I apply with a paint brush to get an even coat.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:20 PM
jmulder
My Feedback: (6)

Default Knife vs. Other

I use both. I tack it in place with ca and then I finish it up with epoxy...........John
Old 12-27-2002, 03:28 PM
Sailor
My Feedback: (1)

Default CA knife wings

I used CA to both join my knife wing halves together, then took baking soda and made a fillet where the wing meets the fuselage and used thin CA at that joint. The thin CA wicks into the baking soda very well and I have more than 100 flights with no problems, even with a few hard landings.