Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

CEDAR HOBBIES ZERO G

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

CEDAR HOBBIES ZERO G

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 02:28 PM
nchouker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEDAR HOBBIES ZERO G

we have got some pictures of the zero g ,man the weather was so bad early this morning.it flies pretty good.enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48212.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	479389   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78348.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	479390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64020.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	479391   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj17907.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	479392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kv17827.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	479393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ja40930.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	479394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47992.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	479395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18807.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	479396  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64064.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	479397  
Old 06-19-2006, 03:16 AM
Spacey

Default RE: CEDAR HOBBIES ZERO G

Hey Neil! Howz it going there? Haven't spoken to you in years it seems? Are we going to see the Zero G here in South Africa? You know my LHS still sells some of your planes like the sticks and stuff. I'd love to give one a go just for kicks if the price is right.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Spacey

Neil I sent you a pm! Just want to check if you got it.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:38 AM
nchouker

great news,
the zero g will be in stock july the 17th. we will have a video real soon.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:41 PM
nchouker

GREAT NEWS,
THE ZERO G IS IN STOCK NOW.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Super D

Any reviews or other threads of this plane? I did a search but I only found a "personal attacks thread".

I'd like some real info on this plane I just hate being the guenia pig. I like the fuse stiffener and price.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:50 PM
YNOT

I wrote this on another site. It's a good flying profile, get it.

What do you get when you put an Edge wing on a Yak fuse and use Edge/Extra tail feathers? This Zero G plane.

There was a whole lotta scuttlebutt about a Mojo rip off plane, being this bird from Cedar Hobbies, well I’ll tell ya, it’s not a rip off of anything. In fact, I wonder if it was a mistake that works really well.

@ The Houston Pro Bro, I flew this plane that a local guy was designing, and it flew like crap. I told him, too.

Well, some redesign and this is a dam fine flying profile.

At first glance, Gordo and I both said the rudder was too small, well, wrong. It must have something to do with the fuse. The fuse is a Yak fuse, not Chinn Yak, like EF 50cc Yak. The very front of the fuse is almost square.

The wing, 100% Edge. Straight leading edge.

Was it designed to be a Yak with a Edge wing, or did it just come out that way? I donno, but it works and works well.

Anyhoo, I bashed the bird at first, due to the flights I had on the original version, well the guy, Neil, has a winner on his hands.

It does have a fuse tube, a la, Mojo, that is where the similarities end.

Good flying plane and the build quality was great. Great harriers, knife-edge’s great without allot of speed, rolls good and a rock solid hover.

The set up on this one was a OS 46 AX with a Tower muffler, APC 12.25-3.75, basic servos with big control arms with all the stock hardware. Satio 82 would be insane.

I would hope this guy will get a few to the NashBro to allow other Bros to fly it.

Gordo really smoked over the build and hardware of the bird, so he my pipe up when he has a chance and give yall and idea of that stuff. The transparent purple covering looked great, didn't look like chinakote.

There were several Bros flying it today at the mini Bro today in the Houston area and I hope someone got vid or pics.

Zero G is now Pro Bro approved, however hate the name.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Super D

Thanks YNOT, I may give it a try. My mojo 60 is awesome just have to hook up the trailer to hual it.
My 2nd GS katana did'nt like being landed inverted, so I was looking at a replacement. BTW a saito 56 will fly/hover a Katana but doesnt pull out with authority.

All in the same Reply, I was curious about the fusion as well, seems awfully high $$, but so is everything now.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:19 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

YNOT, since when are you the official approver of Pro Bro planes? Just because you don't like the 40 Fusion does not mean squat! Many love it. Maybe you should practice more! Forrest says he'll put you on a buddy chord next time we fly together![8D]
Old 08-07-2006, 03:51 PM
IowaSilvia
My Feedback: (97)

That's funny YNOT. Cuz I had a line up of about 4 guys to try out my 40 size fusion at the Memphis PB. Everyone that flew it said "WOW" Gotta get one!!! They loved it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83885.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	503573  
Old 08-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Super D

Please dont turn this thread into another OMP/PB locked thread. Competition is a good thing. If I were a manufacture/dealer I would never post negative info on another manufacturer. IMHO asking about something other than OMP or Mojo planes in the profile thread a few select members chime in, to basically call it junk. I've had OMP planes I liked and other brands as well. I guess I'm asking for some fairness to the new planes/manufactures available, instead of a dog pile.

My mojo is awesome but I just dont have time to build, I look at alternatives. Most of my profiles are short lived due to 3-D and low to the ground. A $110 profile excites me.

Thanks for the info YNOT.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:32 PM
flyer495th

I ordered one over the weekend and will keep you posted as how it is as a kit and flies.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:34 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Sorry for the dry humor Super D. I'm only harrassing YNOT for fun. It's been a while since he was violated from my recollection. [8D] We'll let this discussion continue on the other site.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:47 PM
nchouker

neil with cedar hobbies here,
we will have a build up thread real soon ,actually by tommorrow we will post most of the pictures on here.we will be glad to help you guys out with any questions on our products.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:39 PM
YNOT

Geee, I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Different people like different things.

Go watch the two vids posted. Watch for the Blue/White and Yellow profile. IMO that is how a profile should fly, that is what I want in a profile 3D plane. You may not want a plane to move like that, I do. I could not ge the Fusion I flew to perform the way I want a profile or 3D plane to perform. IMO what makes a good 3D plane is the abilty to fly slow and perform the tricks.

http://www.netlight.org/spacecity.wmv

http://the******************.com/~vi...bro%202006.wmv

The Fusion is a great flying bird. I like the way the bigger Fusion flys better than the smaller one. I had a big one and within seconds of the first flight I knew it was what I wanted in a 3D profile plane. I lost it due to engine flame out at an event last year. I know there is vid of it.

It may have been the set up on the Fusion I was flying and I know as well anyone that the set up can make or break a plane. Good plane with a poor set up flys just as bad as a poor flying plane with a good set up. This one dropped a wing fast in slow conditions and needed alot of power to knife edge.

In no way did I intend to "bash" another bird. OMP has brought profile to a new level and the Fusion is a great example. I like their stuff and flown most if not all their birds. In fact I know both Mike and John and John's wife, her name escapes me now. Anyhoo, everytime I see those folks they have always offered me a seat in their booth, a cold drink or just some shade with a smile and I have taken them up on it every time. The OMP folks are good peoples. I sure hope the invite is still open in the booth and I am sure it is.

If anything, this just goes to prove I call it based off the planes I fly.

Please do not base anything off what I post. I have only been flying profiles and 3D for 14 or so years. At one point in time, if asked I am sure I would have said the best profile was a Sig Faser with a OS 46 with a APC 10-6 prop with an Ultra Thrust muffler, S148 servos and it took almost 3 oz of lead in the tail to make it hang there. I do need work on flying my airplanes more, I have been playing with that dam heli and that backwards inverted is kicking my butt.

As far as approver, 14 years, owned or flown most everyone out there and sick and tired of other people slapping a 3D sticker on a plane to sell it.

There is more to 3D then hovering, IMO. If hovering qualifies a bird to be 3D, I have a Hobbico SuperStar select with a OS 50 (with shot bearings) that is a 3D plane.

For the record, the 14MZ is too pricey for such a cheesy looking case, I would not buy another 9Z, Don't like H9 Funtanas, the UCD series too easy to hover, however they are designed to teach hovering, a Ultra Stick is the perfect 2nd plane, OS motors have a bearing problem and they don't care, the new ST motors are another china motor, the old ST ROCK once you figured out the combo to make them run, the Electra Fly motors are way down on power to the E Flights and AXI's, the Parkzone Typhoon is a brick, stock ARF CA hinges always seem to break, tapered wing tips on thick wing planes do not work together and too many people post on subjects they have no clue of and they don't always start with " I have not flown that plane, but....." If you have owned it or flown one more than once and can compare it to other birds, then chime in. Sorry about that, I just seemed to start rollin.

I will tell you what I think, if you don;t care, thats cool, I may not care what you think.

XOXOXO
Old 08-12-2006, 03:00 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Hi all, I've only built one profile plane(V2 Kat 70) and was wondering if anyone who has put together the zero G could tell me if there is a tunnel somewhere in the forward fuse to run the throttle servo lead.

Thanks,
John
Old 08-12-2006, 06:09 PM
nchouker

Hi,
There is a tunnel below the carbon fiber tube going from the tail to the wing area so that you would run your servo wires thru .on the throttle servo, cut a small hole enough to run your wire thru the wing leading edge area to connect with the receiver. We will a tunnel in the next batch for the throtlle servo.hope this help.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:12 AM
novabill

Hey Neil,

It's been a while since we have spoken. It's nice to see this thread on the right track.

I'll be getting one of these planes soon just to check it out. It looks like it will be a hoot to fly and I know you are a good guy to do business with.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:40 PM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: YNOT

I have only been flying trainers for 14 months or so . I have been playing with that kite and that dual string controll is kicking my butt.

XOXOXO
Wow Toney next time your at Walts come buy an Ill give you some time on the buddy box on a real plane.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:49 AM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Hi all

Here are a few small details that i didn't like about the Zero-G

1: Not having the tunnel for the throttle servo lead.

2: Both my ailerons leading edges are built with a bad warp in them so as they both touch the trailing edge of the wings at the inner most and outer most and yet i have a 3/16"gap in the middle of the right and slightly over a 1/4" on the left.

And my biggest gripe is the FLIMSY landing gear that it comes with.

If you don't absolutely grease the landing the gear spread so far that the 12.25 prop damn near hits the ground.

As far as how the plane flies i only have one other profile and that being the V2 Kat 70, but i will say it will do anything that i'm capable of throwing at it.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Super D

Any Chance I can get one without Translucent covering, or buy one RTC?

I'm just not a fan of clear covering.
Thanks SD