Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Maidened my new OMP kat 70

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Maidened my new OMP kat 70

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 01:57 AM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maidened my new OMP kat 70

I put the first and second flights on my Kat70 V2 tonight. I'm running the Saito 100 and all I can say it OH MY!!! This plane is way to much fun and it lands the slowest and softest of any plane I've flown, even slower than my UCD 46 did.
Simply a wonderful plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59174.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	493122  
Old 07-18-2006, 03:08 AM
Spacey

Default RE: Maidened my new OMP kat 70

Wow..there's something about that plane that looks oddly familier? Something that makes it very special! I wonder?

Good looker you got there! Congrats on the maiden! Hope she gives you many more rewarding flights. The Kats definitely perform very well.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:55 PM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

spacey, I didn't realize that you had put the extra trim on your kat when I did mine but yours looks very nice
It's kind of amazing that we both had the same idea even to the point of putting the drips over the existing graphics.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:50 AM
Spacey

Hehehe yes but great minds do think alike after all you know. The idea of the drips over the normal "Funtana" scheme just dollies things up and it fits amazingly well. It took me ages to come up with the scheme idea and lots of "Paint" sketches but it was evident that I couldn't go wrong if I had the patience to push through all the effort. My scheme is obviously on my kit built Katana P from OMP. Still love the plane to bits! You can check out the old thread at the link below. [8D]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_24...tm.htm#2415945
Old 07-21-2006, 08:51 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Yep, way cool improvement on the trim scheme. Actually we all have to give credit to CoverJockey for the original oil drop scheme. John McNees created this scheme on the orignal Amsoil show planes and has used it on many since then. You may recall the OMP 79" Yak he did.

Anyway the Kat 70 is an amazing 90 size funfly and very light on the wing. We have the next shipment inbound now and expect them before the end of the month. The Kat 70s sold out very quick last time so get your orders in quick!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:37 PM
yak_54
Banned

spacey=roo *****er