Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
 Extreme Flight Edge 540T Video >

Extreme Flight Edge 540T Video

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Extreme Flight Edge 540T Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 01:49 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight Edge 540T Video

I looked at the Dave P stuff but looks kinda of big. Are you sure yours is the Dave Patrick one? Can you take a picture of the unit for me. My LHS has all the items(Hardware) in-stock and maybe they will have a better tail unit.

Can I use the Sullivan tail wheel assembly on this...I am used to those
Old 10-28-2006, 01:51 PM
My Feedback: (47)

yes I had one of those before on the profiles,,,the sulivan will work just fine!!!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 01:53 PM

Thanks again. I will probably have more questions later.
ORIGINAL: charrua

yes I had one of those before on the profiles,,,the sulivan will work just fine!!!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:30 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Charrua how far away you installed the Saito 72 on th airplane

Thanks
Old 10-30-2006, 06:28 PM

as far back as I could!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:18 PM

CHARRUA,

When you measured the Trailing Edge tips of the wing where on the fuse should I use as a reference point also with the Stab on the leading edge.

On the Stab I have both sides equal from top to bottom. I used the Fuse as a guide is this correct?

I am used to the ARF's where you measure the TE of the wing tips to the LE of the stab tips. I would think the thoery should be same but I am following the directions and I am surprised they have you center the stanb before the wing. Is there a reason for this?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:35 PM

I don't remember what the manual tell you to do but as long as you folow it and make sure the stab is square to the Fuse and both sides of the LE onthe Stab and TE are the same and then maybe from the tip of the LE to the nose of the plane are the same it should be fine I guess.

I really don't remember how I built mine but probably as per the book. One thing I remember now so you dont make same mistake on my Kit once you have the wings glued if you look at the bottom of the wing where the servos for the Ailerons are mounted at least on my plane on one side it was closer to the fuse than on the other side so the Pushrod wouldn't line up with the Slot on the wing so you may want to check on that,,it's not a big deal the thing is if it is you don't have to cut a big hole for the pushrod to clear.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:16 PM

CHARRUA,

Was there quite a bit of dremal work to get the .82 in there. I guess I would dremal the rails, correct? Looking at the pics in the first page, is there a hole in the fuse that the carb sits?
Old 11-05-2006, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: mcoccia

CHARRUA,

Was there quite a bit of dremal work to get the .82 in there. I guess I would dremal the rails, correct? Looking at the pics in the first page, is there a hole in the fuse that the carb sits?

yes but you only have to dremmel a little bit on top and bottom of the rails...'til you can make the saito fit in there,,, the carb will clear the fuse just fine,,,,you can see in the pics I probably dremmel off about 3mm off the top and bottom of rails and not all the way back only what I needed!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:51 PM

CHARRUA,

Thank you for your help. I will maiden her in the morning. I did not install the the Saito .82. I ended up using my new Evolution .52 for right now just to get a feel for the plane. I have another kit here so if I like the plane I'll throw the Saito in the other not to mention it was pretty much a drop fit compared to the Saito and I was in a rush to get her in the air for the morning.

Those 9451 I stuck in there are way too much!!!!! You got to see the Ailerons, Ele & Rudder in action! I got to find some MED grade servo's for this...probably the 3305 would work nicely.

Thanks again!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:59 PM

well good luck on maiden flight then,,,and of course you'll like it ,,you'll love the way that plane will fly!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:58 PM
My Feedback: (44)

Charrua, With the saito 82, did u have to add/reduce any right thrust etc or was the built in enough? Also can u pls post pice of the 82 install? (am not sure what dremel work is mentioned)

I have just started building mine. I have a OS50SX & Saito 82, What would u advise? (my .82 is a gas guzzler) what size fuel tank are u using for the 82?

Thnx
--Arvind
Old 02-13-2007, 04:32 PM

I had the Os 50sx also and the nI sold it it's a bad ass engine for that plane and it you prop it with a 12.12x3.75 APC Prop it will give you an awsome power.

I never liked 4stks engines until I got a Saito 72 as a trade,,and installed it on the Ede and sold the OS 50sx and the power it's a little bit better,,then I liked it so much I ended buying a brand new 82 which is same size as the 72 and I'm still breakint it in I haven flown it much.

Talking about the Dremmel you will have to open the Fiberglass mount I think a bit to fit the engine that's it I'm using a different tank bit bigger that the ones that comes with the kit.

Good luck her eyou can see some info on building it with the OS 50 ans some pics [link=http://whiteknuckleairlines.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemi d=38]Here!!![/link]