Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

New Plane or Stay with what I have?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

New Plane or Stay with what I have?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 09:15 PM
waross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Plane or Stay with what I have?

Ok I have 4 different planes right now. Great Planes Cap 232 (.40) which is my prima donna, Scratch built Doubler from '89 Model Aviatin plans, Hanger 9 Pulse XT (which I just got this week) and a Great Planes Dazzler ARF.
I just finished the Hanger 9 Pusle XT and flew it today. I was so impressed with the quality of the ARF and the ease of putting it together. It flew great and will be one of my main flyers. It may even take the place of my dazzler as my favorite plane.
Since I was so impressed with Hanger 9 I am considering ditching my Dazzler (the covering is starting to come off and I have to keep patching it) for either a Hanger 9 Funtana 40 or Twist 40. I have Futaba radio in the Dazzler and an OS 46AX which I can use for either.
So give me your opinions and which decision I should make:
1 - Stick with the Dazzler and keep patching the little problems
2 - Switch to the Twist with a thinner airfoil otherwise pretty similiar to the Dazzler?
3 - Go for the Funtana 40 and add another great flyer to the collection?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Mike Baldwin

Default RE: New Plane or Stay with what I have?

Get them all. He who dies with he most planes wins. The funtana, I think is a great plane. It seems like you either love them or hate them. I have the 90 size and two club member have the 40 size. They both love them. I have the 60 size twist, which is currently in the shop for repair. I like this plane as well. It depends what type of flying you perfer. I think the funtana will perform cleaner minuvers that the twist, but I think the twist is easer to do 3D with. I do know that the one club member had a 46 thundertiger on his funtana and he felt it needed more power so he went with a 70 fourstroke, and still thinks it needs more power. I think the Twist is about 70 dollars cheaper if that makes a difference.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:53 PM
fun_fly_3D
My Feedback: (1)

For the money and throw the sticks capabilities that you had in the dazzler, go with the twist. durable, repairable and great flying airplanes!

Brian
Old 10-07-2006, 11:05 AM
waross

I agree with the last comment..."the one with the most planes wins"; however I don't think the other members of this family would agree. I still need more input..........
Old 10-07-2006, 11:32 AM
fun_fly_3D

bottom line is that with whichever airplane you decide, you will have a great flying airplane. just buy one and have fun.

Brian
Old 10-08-2006, 09:34 AM
AeroDave

Whatever style of plane you fly, funflyers, profiles, giant scale, etc. you have to decide what you're looking for in your next project. I think you should take a look at your skills and ambitions and choose your plane accordingly. If you're new to 3D, still concerned with which plane is easier to hover, then get the twist. If you would like to learn some precision moves like slow and point rolls then get the funtana 'cause the twist in that game will drive you nuts. Actually I would recommend, and its just my opinion, getting the Twist. It will 3D much better than the Dazzler. If you like messing with cowls and aren't afraid to put some time into learning to harrier properly, meaning controling wing rock, the Funtana is very nice. Just don't expect it to be as forgiving as the other, more entry level planes. As was mentioned above, the wise choice would be to get them both and just have fun
Old 10-08-2006, 11:06 AM
fun_fly_3D

ORIGINAL: AeroDave

Whatever style of plane you fly, funflyers, profiles, giant scale, etc. you have to decide what you're looking for in your next project. I think you should take a look at your skills and ambitions and choose your plane accordingly. If you're new to 3D, still concerned with which plane is easier to hover, then get the twist. If you would like to learn some precision moves like slow and point rolls then get the funtana 'cause the twist in that game will drive you nuts. Actually I would recommend, and its just my opinion, getting the Twist. It will 3D much better than the Dazzler. If you like messing with cowls and aren't afraid to put some time into learning to harrier properly, meaning controling wing rock, the Funtana is very nice. Just don't expect it to be as forgiving as the other, more entry level planes. As was mentioned above, the wise choice would be to get them both and just have fun
Well said!! I 2nd this post

Brian
Old 10-08-2006, 11:11 AM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

One more plane in the stable won't matter. If it makes you happy go for it. I would like to have all that you mentioned. I purchased recently a: Mojo 60, Profile Hots and a Accel Katana 70, did I desperately need them? No. Did I want them? Yes. Remember......"your dead a long time"! Go for it. Joe
Old 10-08-2006, 04:30 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

If you're into 3d, you outta try out a profile... You'll be throwing rocks at those other planes once you do...
Old 10-08-2006, 08:00 PM
patboone7

You know your already getting the Twist, so go head and patch up that dazzler for me! Then go ahead and get that Funtana next month!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:19 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Yep, I agree with Paul get a profile. You will throw boulders at those other planes.
Jeff