Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

CG Ex-treme 330 tail servos orientation?!?!?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

CG Ex-treme 330 tail servos orientation?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 04:56 PM
idranoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG Ex-treme 330 tail servos orientation?!?!?

I just put together one of these planes. I was VERY happy with the quality. However, I was curious about one thing. The instruction manual says to put the tail servos in such that the "tops" are on the left. I assume this means the output posts are on the left and the bottoms and wires are on the right. However, the pictures on the box have the servos in the opposite way (posts and arms on the right and wires on the left). I called CG directly and the guy I got was unaware of this inconsistency. In all likelihood, it doens't really matter I guess. I did it as it is pictured. The CG dude on the phone said that he thought it was a good idea to keep the wires away from the exhaust residue and that putting the wires on the left and the posts on the right was the right way to go. Anyway, I was just wondering what everyone thinks and what they did if they have one of these planes.

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. Please don't rant and rave about how "you'd have to be stupid to put the servos in such and such way." It is not going to make or break the plane so it ain't that important. Just wanted to get some others' thoughts on the subject.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:17 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Hardly matters IMHO.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:25 PM
George E.
My Feedback: (16)

I put the servo arms away from the exhaust.

I drilled a hole through the fuse right behind the servos and pulled the wires through to the other side. The only thing that gets oily is the servo bottoms and about 1 inch of wire.

Probably doesn't matter but it's less to clean up.