Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Sledge Fun...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 05:14 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sledge Fun...

OK got to fly quite a few times yesterday in Amarillo..75 mile drive, but there are actually other people to fly with there!

Started getting a handle on some of this stuff. I'm no 3D pilot, I have dabbled a bit.

Elevators..with the Spoilerons set up like Jeff instructed at Houston, this thing will elevator like a balsa brick. I was stunned at how fast it would come straight down!! Looked awesome, just never seen a plane drop like that.

Harriers...I had done a few quasi-harriers with other planes, but I could steer this thing around like walking a dog. I was amazed at the level of control it had, again with Spoilerons. I was skeered when I started, but after a while it was obvious that it wasn't going to do anything destructive, so I just went with it.

Went with it into (attempted) hovering. With a real high angle harrier, I could just kinda transition into a hover....really just a matter of relaxing the stick and working the throttle. I never did get as good at hovering as I did harriering, but man I had a lot of fun puttering about.

An afternoon well spent IMHO!
Old 03-31-2003, 05:34 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Sledge Fun...

Way to go Chuck!!! keep at it and just have fun!! That plane of yours will do it all!!

I've been flying around inverted and steering with the rudder to try to get my brain to switch rudder direction when the belly is at me.... Having some success with this method. I tried doing some inverted harriers... but every now and again, I do a brain fade, and my reaction time isn't as good as I would like....
Old 03-31-2003, 08:47 PM
BotleRocketWar

Default Sledge Fun...

Sounds like fun Chuck, how about some pictures? Where is your balanced? Sorry for all the questions, but I want mine to be just right.

I guess I'll have to set mine up for spoilerons too...How much deflection are you getting with them?

I think the inverted harrier is definitely one of the hardest manuevers around...Maybe I'll look decent doing it with the Sledge...
Old 03-31-2003, 09:22 PM
ChuckAuger

Default CG..

Mine is balanced right at the rear of the 1" wide piece of sheeting over the double spar.

As for throws...I have a lot of throw on high rate, and the spoilerons are set at 70% of the elevator, the flaps ar 35%.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:16 PM
deletemenow

Default Sledge Fun...

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for coming down to fly with us. Also thanks for the helpful information on the Diamond Dust. I will let ya know when it's ready to go.

I enjoyed watching that sledge fly around(added it to the list of planes I gotta have.)

I have one of Pauls Tacos on the board right now...so looking foward to getting it done.

Come fly with us anytime!

Ken..................
Old 03-31-2003, 10:42 PM
ChuckAuger

Default Taco..

Yep, I like to hang with you guys..ask your club president about the time he flat spun my Spacewalker all the way in! But he's flown the (RIP) Diamond Dust, Duellist, and now the Sledge since then. I don't hold a grudge, but I still smack on him about it now and then..

And I have seen the Taco in action..man those things are cool.

Here is me and a buddy from Humble posing with Gators Taco...the Hooters is an inside joke