Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

OMP GS540P - Investment in hardware

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

OMP GS540P - Investment in hardware

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 04:49 PM
orenga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMP GS540P - Investment in hardware

I will soon start building my kit. I read many excellent threads on the construction.
I have not made up my mind on type of hardware to use and would like to hear your opinion on that. I am not a pro 3D and adding the numbers up i could end up with some $200 of special hardware ( CF pushrods, ball links, landing gear etc. )
Would love to hear your view.
Oren
Old 04-27-2003, 12:09 PM
jester1a
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMP GS540P - Investment in hardware

Suffice it to say that you will become your LHS's best friend
Seriously though, I used 4-40 hardware throughout. Those Hanger 9 titanium rods are nice for the ailerons. For the tail, I used Dave Brown kits- I don't recommend them because of the short lengths. I'd go with the Central Hobbies ones if I had to do it over again. For horns, I used Sullivan 1 1/8" (no.556) although the bolt ones would work as well. Sullivan clevises and DLR87 ball links ( don't know the manufacturer- my LHS carried them) finish the control surfaces. I also used metal servo arms- I used Hitec servos and had to get Century arms for them.
Wheels- just dubro 3" and a 1" tailwheel. I used the supplied gear for now at least.
One note, If you go with the split aileron/flap setup and use Sullivan horns, you should get two of their pull-pull sets just so that the mounting holes are in the right orientation for maximum wood contact.
Monocote/Ultracote- buy lots.

I must have forgot some things but this is what I used and I'm sure others went other routes. Hope it helps.

JESTER