Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Q-Hor bug in Aruba

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 02:12 PM
Aruba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q-Hor bug in Aruba

Hi All,
Check out the attached pic. Our club is organizing its first combat event this Wednesday. We decided to build Q-Hors because of the ease of building. The pic shows five of about eight we made last week. Do you guys have any tips on flying combat with the Q-hor. Also Check out our club wesite. www.arubarcclub.com.

Thanks,

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	74240_10540.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	44660  
Old 04-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Tattoo

WOW!!! Awesome!!! I am very anxious to hear how the QHOR's combat, because I haven't done it yet! But what I can say is that it's going to be the most fun you've ever had with R/C!!! Thanks for the report...and I'm really looking forward to the combat report!!! Cool!!! 3D combat! If it's anything like PBF combat, your guts are going to be sore from having too much fun and laughing!
Old 04-28-2003, 02:38 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

The trouble with QHOR combat is the receiver and gear is exposed to damage in a midair. The reason Tatoo's SPAD combat planes are so popular is because in addition to the fact that they are cheap, they hold up well to mid airs (common in combat) and protect the radio gear.

With the QHOR (i have one BTW) I would worry about the gear getting destroyed.

But, have fun, and good luck to you all,
Old 04-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Aruba

Tattoo,
I'm sure it's going to be fun. I will post a report on Friday.
Btw thanks for the great design, my next one will be a pq-hor

John
Old 04-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Aruba

Mike,
We thought about the gear also, so most of us are using the oldest working servos we have and wrapped the receiver in allot of foam and stuffed them under the wing fold.

John
Old 04-28-2003, 08:15 PM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

I think that you guys need some help with the event. Pls send a ticket (one way would be just fine!) <LOL>
We combat with the PBFs, and yeah we've damaged some equipment, though surprisingly, very little. The QHORs look great! Check out the movies that I've posted on my website of my Awe-HOR (my version of the PQHOR) when you get an opportunity.
Kevin
Old 04-29-2003, 12:40 AM
Hacker

Guys,
when you send kevin a ticket send me one also....windsurfing,flying pqhors....more windsurfing....wow!
you guys are going to have a ball with your fleet....cant wait to hear your report friday