Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Sledge fuse

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 05:05 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sledge fuse

I wish I would have known all this before I bought it...All I ever read was "It's a great kit, very complete". Yeah!
you and i did the same reading
Old 05-03-2003, 11:34 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Mine was..

Sorry yours wasn't. Kinda hard for me to give a description of a kit without knowing what will happen after mine.

"Great kit, very complete, but yours will suck".
Old 05-03-2003, 11:39 PM
jmulder
My Feedback: (6)

Default Sledge fuse

Huh???
Old 05-04-2003, 12:18 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Sledge fuse

Originally posted by jmulder
Huh???
It would appear that some people bought Sledge kits based on what other Sledge builders had written. As I am one of the few Sledge builders who have actually built a Sledge to completion and flown it, I thought some of my comments might have influenced future Sledge builders.

As the Sledge builders after me have been having no end of trouble with basically every aspect of their kit, and are now referencing the posts I or others may have made as to quality and completeness of the Sledge kit, I felt compelled to offer the fact that while I had none of these problems with my kit, it would be hard for me to offer a review of kits yet to be sold.

The consensus of these builders seems to be that they bought the kit based upon a general description of, "It's a great kit, very complete". Which mine was.

But it would be extremely difficult for me to make any predictions as to the quality of kits yet to be produced, ergo "Great kit, very complete, but yours will suck"
Old 05-04-2003, 06:09 AM
J0E

Default Sledge fuse

I live in Australia so I just ordered the plans and laser cut parts for the Sledge and hand picked the rest of the balsa. I finished construction on it today and hope to get a test flight soon. The RTF weight is 3lbs 15oz with a TT46. It looks like a lot of weight can be saved by wood selection and it is not just a heavy design.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:50 PM
DonH21
My Feedback: (3)

Default Sledge fuse

John, did you get the .40 size or the .60 size?
Sorry couldn't help it, well maybe.

A short kit with the plans. Now that sounds like the way to go!

Don
Old 05-04-2003, 12:54 PM
jmulder

Default Sledge fuse

Yeah but now I have to go out and buy more wood so I can build another one. I wish thats what I had of ordered.......Shheeeeesh
Old 05-04-2003, 01:22 PM
DonH21
My Feedback: (3)

Default Sledge fuse

John that really sucks!!
I've been waiting a while to decide on which plane to buy.
After reading about all the problems with the Sledge kits. there is just. No Way!!!!! Not to mention that their not standing behind their products! This should have been taken care of right off the bat! I'm not buying any thing from them until they get their s#!% together!!!!

Don
Old 05-04-2003, 02:09 PM
jmulder

Default Sledge fuse

Well now Im not going to say that Debbie wouldnt send me more wood. I just didnt bother with it. Order one and ask if you can get decent wood in your kit.