Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

stupid question on balancing

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

stupid question on balancing

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 12:03 AM
edberry22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid question on balancing

On my Dazzler, I am going to try and get a better balance towards the rear. Since this is my first mid wing aircraft, which way should I balance it. rightside up or upside down?
How do other Dazzler owners do it, and do you still balance it with a slight nose down, or level?
Old 05-02-2003, 01:12 AM
AtomHeartMother

I balance my Uproar upright for what it's worth. The plane is very similar to your Dazzler. Mine balances dead even at the recommend CG point. I think I could go a little further back. It might hover better that way, but some other aerobatics may suffer. It will just start to do faceted loops if I don't put plenty of throttle on it. You just have to decide what you're looking for I guess. Just approach your aft CG with caution, in small steps. The Dazzler I doubt would try to snap on you, but it will do weird things at different throttle settings with a radical CG. Hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:41 AM
lomcevek1

The dazzler will not hover very well expect that from the beginning. I have found that moving the CG back does nothing more than make the plane more sensitive in pitch, but won't make it do anything special.

My personal best at hovering a dazzler was about 1 minute

4 uproars and 3 dazzlers before I did not even know hovering existed.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:35 AM
edberry22

Atom
Its the wierd things I want to avoid, so perhaps I will try and get it to sit level right on the center mark. (its forward right now)
Lom
Thanks for your input to, I think I was going to go to far back and regret it dearly.

Mine is about 1/8th forward of CG now (and thats using my fat fingers, and how it came out after the build) I am going to make a balancing jig this weekend and get the plane to sit level right on the mark of center and call it good for now. I dont think this plane was designed to fly 3D, but I think I can at least practice some moves with it and get my eyes and thumbs ready for the 540P.