Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

PBF Question, sorry

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 07:42 PM
Hubb
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PBF Question, sorry

Sorry for asking another PBF question guys. I started wading through the 1100 post thread and decided it might be quicker to just ask ....

my father built a PBF, we flew it three times yesterday. take off and trimming were a non-issue, didnt fly it too fast, was fun while it lasted. twice the little bugger bit us by entering a flat spin that could not be recovered from. once was relatively close to the ground only a broken prop. the second time (third flight) was a bit higher and broke the motor mount rails and crinkled right side pretty bad.

so - what is the recovery from this or could this be set up?

weight 2 1/2 lbs, CG 5 1/2 inches from LE, throws; low 1 inch up/down elevon, high 2 inches up/down.

everything seems to work and fly fine except for these darn flatspins

thanks guys

Hubb
Old 05-02-2003, 08:15 PM
flyboone
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh the dreaded spin of death. The only known recovery is to go full throttle and full down elevator. Although is does not work 100% of the time, it is your best bet.
Old 05-03-2003, 04:00 AM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

PBF spin recovery techniques are fully explained on my PBF web page. http://www.yhti.net/~dmcdnld/pizzabox.htm