Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

New Pqhor Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 02:07 AM
flyboone
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Pqhor Video

Got a video of me with my Pqhor at a funfly on Saterday. There's t-rolling, tail-touching, and a catch and go. Can somebody help me out, I don't know how to post it on here? Thanks

Jason
Old 05-06-2003, 02:33 AM
CarolinaCrasher

Default New Pqhor Video

Get that sucker posted so that I can see it man. Or you can just show it to me when I get back tomorrow, if it doesn't rain....
Old 05-06-2003, 02:40 AM
flyboone

Default New Pqhor Video

Maybe someone will know how, or let me e-mail it to them and let them post it. Give me a call when you get in. I'll should be home after 2:00. There's a slight chance that the rain will hold off to get some flying in.

Jason
Old 05-06-2003, 02:44 AM
flyboone

Default New Pqhor Video

Here's a link off the Rivers Edge Website where the fun fly was at.

http://www.riversedgerc.com/communit...download&cid=4

It's about the 7th one down titled Jason Catches His Plane.

Jason
Old 05-06-2003, 03:10 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New Pqhor Video

Great video!!!!

Whats the specs on that baby?

Jasons PQHOR video
Old 05-06-2003, 04:53 AM
Balsageek

Default New Pqhor Video

Jason,

Great video. I noticed the distance between your wing and tail is more on your plane as compared to most others, did you lengthen the rail from the original 32"? (I'm thinking about trying a 36-40 inch PQHOR) Your's looks great!

latr,
Matt
Old 05-06-2003, 05:02 AM
JohnVH

Default New Pqhor Video

Good eye, that looks like a 36" channel with the .40 size wing??
Old 05-06-2003, 10:22 AM
WADE
My Feedback: (19)

Default New Pqhor Video

Jason,
Nice video! Which engine are you using? Did you build it exactly to the dimensions that are posted here on RCU?

Wade
Old 05-06-2003, 12:48 PM
flyboone

Default New Pqhor Video

Man you guys are good. I figured that since the smaller Pqhor was 32" by 32", then the .40 size should have a 36" wing and a 36" fuse. Motor is a OS .46fx with Tower Muffler and 12.25x3.75 prop. Standard servos with one for each aileron. 4" surfaces all around with no taper. 4-40 hardware. Everyone seems to want one these after seeing it fly.

Jason
Old 05-06-2003, 01:07 PM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

Default New Pqhor Video

Jason - Nice Vid! I see that you are honing your skill sets. Big difference from when I saw you in Mooresville fly! Isn't the PQHOR Great!
BTW - when you say your fuse is 36", is that the length of the C-Channel you used, or total overall length including engine and rudder? I notice that yours is significantly more stable over mine, and your inverted fly-out looks more like an airplane than a panic attack with mine <LOL>
Kevin
Old 05-06-2003, 01:24 PM
flyboone

Default New Pqhor Video

Well I've been flying the crap out of it. It's nice to Finally be able to do all the moves you've dreamed about for so long. The U-channel is 36". The overall length from nosecone to the back of the rudder is 50". It is way more stable than my .32sx powered one that is 32" by 32".
Old 05-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Tattoo

Default New Pqhor Video

Man...you guys ROCK!!! New PQHOR design formula

Wingspan=length of channel

I never even though of it that way...but it sure as heck looks like it works!
Old 05-06-2003, 02:26 PM
WADE

Default New Pqhor Video

Jason,
Thanks for all the info! Last week I bought all the stuff needed to build one. I was planning to build the 32" version but after seeing your video I'm going with the 36" version.

Tattoo,
I'm also going to build one with a 120" wing and 120" length for gas! Ok Tattoo, get a grip and calm down, I was only kidding!

Wade
Old 05-06-2003, 02:28 PM
WADE

Default New Pqhor Video

Jason,
You think the TT 36 Pro would be enough power?
Old 05-06-2003, 03:54 PM
Hacker

Default New Pqhor Video

Originally posted by flyboone
.40 size should have a 36" wing and a 36" fuse.
Jason
Jason, very nice viedo....i'm impressed!
on my satio 56 size...36" WING...32" CHANNEL i get lots of flex ...tail has to catch up with rest of plane. even with the short moment its still pretty noticeable in flight. do you have lots of flex in the longer version? also how are the flat spins? the short version spins are un real...way better than my knife. nice and smooth, super flat and so tight it looks like the fuse is in the same place,very very slow to descend....let us know...might have to get started on #4
Old 05-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Kevins_RC

Default New Pqhor Video

My Awe-HOR (the one in my videos) is 32" WS with 32" U-Channel, though is not as stable as yours. I did notice that your fuse is not nearly as tall as mine (propotionally anyways). I am thinking that the extra fuse height in combination with the twisting action of the U-Channel from the torque of the engine, maybe what is causing the wing walk in certain conditions. have to do some more experimenting <LOL>.
Kevin
Old 05-06-2003, 06:22 PM
flyboone

Default New Pqhor Video

Wade: a .36 should be able to pull it fine. I've never had one, but the .46fx is a perfect match for me.

Kevin: Now here's the fun part. As far as Pqhors go, I will always have at least two with me. The bigger one (36" wing and 36" channel) Is the best of the two I have for hovering, harriering, tail-touching, t-rolling, and for some reason snap rolls. It does flex a good bit during negative G stuff, so I don't do any hard negative G stuff with it. It will do the flat spin, but not as good as the little one because of the longer tail. I absolutely love my little one too. It has a 32" wing and a 32" channel. It is powered by an OS .32sx. Has hs-225 servos all around with only one for ailerons. Power is great. It will do all the harrier, hover-t-roll stuff but not as good and not as stable as the big one. The little one excells at waterfalls inside and out and does great negitive G stuff and flat spins all day long. I used this one to fly inverted for a whole tank of gas, just using the rudder and elevator to turn for practice in an inverted harrier. It will do low slow tail scapping passes inverted. It also can fly a lot faster with out flexing the wing. In my view the two sizes have totally different styles of flying. They can do the same things, but some things are just better than others with each plane. Did that make sense at all?

Thanks Tatoo for the great design and for all the instructions and pics. You will not believe how much you changed this hobby for me and a lot of other people.

Jason
Old 05-06-2003, 06:35 PM
JohnVH

Default New Pqhor Video

my 36" .75 one flat spins like I have never seen, my little one does not do it as well, Ill get some video of it next time, it is awesome!
Old 05-06-2003, 06:41 PM
Kevins_RC

Default New Pqhor Video

Jason - No that doesn't make sense on the surface, but yes, I do understand. Thanks!
Kevin
Old 05-06-2003, 07:03 PM
WADE

Default New Pqhor Video

Jason,
Do you happen to know the all up weight of your .46 sized one?

John,
A .75 on a 36" plane? Can't you get enough power? That thing must be wild!

Wade
Old 05-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Tattoo

Default New Pqhor Video

Thanks Tatoo for the great design and for all the instructions and pics. You will not believe how much you changed this hobby for me and a lot of other people.
Wow! Thanks a million!!! I'm honored that such great pilots are really wringing the idea out, and posting videos! I'm blown away, and hope I can start doing this stuff closer to the ground eventually...I'm getting better, but nothing like what you guys can do! I can't thank you enough for re-lighting my fire and giving me a new challenge as far as flying goes! I can't believe how much fun it is to get out there with Kraut and try to out do eachother!

Oh yeah...and you can blame it on Dave McDonald ...It's all because I wanted to make a Pizza Box fly faster
Old 05-06-2003, 11:24 PM
flyboone

Default New Pqhor Video

All up weight I think was just under 4.5 lbs.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:16 AM
WADE

Default New Pqhor Video

Since it's over 4 pounds I'd rather go with a .46. Thanks for the weight info.

Wade
Old 05-07-2003, 09:39 AM
JoeLang

Default PQHOR vs. QHOR

Jason, Your video is great! I've been following the various threads for sometime now and I seem to be chasing my tail trying to keep up with the latest super-duper version. No sooner do I build the latest version QHOR or PBF and then a week later somebody comes out with a new and latest version. I realize that the SPADs lend themselves to changing of designs but some of the changes have only affected the flying of the planes minimally. Watching the video I realize that the original QHOR that I fly could use some additional area and U-channel length to do the 3D stuff better. My questions are: Does the profile fuselage (PQHOR) get you anything other than looks or does anyone see a percertable change in the flying qualities from the original QHOR design? Does the profile get you some knife-edge flight or is that still a design change down the line?
Old 05-07-2003, 01:20 PM
flyboone

Default New Pqhor Video

I've never built a regular Qhor. When I found out about these the Pqhor was the latest thing and I really like the way it looked. So I don't know if the fuse gains any performance over the qhor. All I know is that I love my Pqhor's. Even with the profile fuse they won't knife edge yet. I'm sure somebody is currently working on that one.

Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.