Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 02:52 AM
lomcevek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this normal?

I have been stagnant in this hobby for a few years and then found this forum and built an OMP edge from what I have heard.

Now this plane will react to my every thought and is able to what i have been trying so hard to get my dazzler to do.

Now that this has happened I just want to fly at least once a day and get bummed out like today when there is too much wind to 3D. Is this an obsession?
Old 05-11-2003, 03:31 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Default Is this normal?

Welcome....

Sounds like your right on track.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:22 AM
BotleRocketWar

Default Re: Is this normal?

Originally posted by lomcevek1
Is this an obsession?
Addiction...
Old 05-11-2003, 10:19 AM
edberry22

Default Oh no.....

What have I gotten into here.........should I stop now before the Edge is built and stay with the ho hum flying I am used to? Ive never been hooked on anything yet in my life.....dare I start now?
Old 05-11-2003, 12:35 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Default Is this normal?

Profiles are like drugs, they are an addiction.

They seem like a non-threatening little "half a plane"... They look like something you should keep just to kick around on the weekends... They are the perfect "little plane" to fly, when you don't want to fly your "real plane"...

That's when they have you. Soon enough, the "real plane" has a nice dust coating, and the profile has begun to multiply.

We're doomed all doomed!
Old 05-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

Default Is this normal?

What's the point in life if there is not passion? OMP, Morris, etc. are the pushers. We are the junkies. The good part is it is healthy and good for your longevity. Just make sure the wife doesn't throw you out!
Old 05-11-2003, 02:07 PM
hoverit-RCU

Default Is this normal?

We are making these planes do things real planes aren't ment to do (hover). Remember how impressive it was the 1st time you saw a plane in hover, I know from then on thats all I wanted to do.

It's very exciting while in hover, you are constantly correcting (banging the sticks). I hope I never get bored with it.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

Default Is this normal?

I have a beautiful CG Bucker Jungman with smoke system and Saito 150. It is surrounded by profile planes. I rarely take it out but always think, "Next week I'll get out the Bucker. I never do. I just stick 4 profiles in the truck and head out.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:20 PM
fadmuker

Default ITS NOT JUST A HOBBY

I can`t explaine it,
but you will know what i mean, when I look at a model aeroplane there is an interest, a curiosity in its form and function?
but when I see a profile airframe,
I feel strange!, exited!!,
like when you know its wrong but you just got to have it!
the hand is on the whip, and she will do anything you ask!
go any where you tell her to, no stall!, total obedience!,
no matter what the weather, she will perform, existing only to give you pleasure, tainted with accomplishment and gratification!!.
why do I get this feeling ? the curve is a flowing silhuoette, pleaseing to the eye, yet the slim profile suggests, simplicity, and function.
what is there, is all that is required.
and yet there is a dangerous beauty, in this shape that is pushed in your face like a nasty hooker that just wont take no for an answer!!!!!!!the desire is all consuming,
and then the wing section hits you, BAM! like a slap in the face for no good reason!! you know it will punching through the air, like a symmetrical fist that just wont stall!!!!,the radio gear is almost naked, you can see right through her tank, every last drop of go juice glistening in that cheap semi translucent plastic.
WHAT IS IT!! WHY ME!! BUT I`M IN CONTROL,
I CAN STOP ANY TIME I LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I JUST DONT WANT TOO ???? HONEST
ITS FUN TO FLY FUNFLY