Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Can't wait for my AKM 3D Freedom!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Can't wait for my AKM 3D Freedom!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 05:41 AM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't wait for my AKM 3D Freedom!!!

Well, I ordered an AKM 3D Freedom to replace my sorely missed Sig SE/50 SX combo. I have a few questions about it.

First, servos:
I am on a budget and only have some standard servos to spare at the moment. Can I use these temporairly unitll I can afford better ones? I won't be doing any 3D yet, just basic aerobatics and maybe trying to learn to hover (I can do it on a heli , but not a plane!). I love the slow flight capabilities of the Sig SE and can treat it like a sport low wing plane with low rates.

Next, ailerons:
I've seen something somewhere about converting a Sig SE to quad flaps like the Ultra Stick. Is this feasable with the 3D Freedom? Will the wing design handle it?

Then, FedEx:
I ordered my plane Wednesday. AKM Emailed me Thursday with FedEx tracking number and FedEx only shows this:
Package information transmitted to FedEx 05/08/2003 08:00
Does this mean they havn't sent it yet? I normally use UPS/USPS and am not familliar with Fed Ex tracking.

Finally, engine:
Will the 3DF handle an RCS 1.4 The engine, ignition, and muffler run 2.8 pounds and the engine is within my price range considering the fuel savings! I WILL sacrafice some weight for this engine but I will not go over board. I have browsed some of the first post on the 3DF and will try to lighten it up as much as possible while keeping the tail strong to aid in balancing.. that, and I'd put the ignition system on the CG.

Jeeze, I can't belive I've gone from a Sig SE with a 5060 sized 4 stroker to a 3DF with a 90 sized 4 stroker and now finally a huge gasser... At least it's huge to me! I'm still in the .46 world! lol