Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

The time has come!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

The time has come!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 12:37 AM
edberry22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The time has come!!!

I have enough sim time in to choke a pig, and the trainer grew old fast. I have desided to get bold and go solo the Dazzler tomorrow. No more wimpy trainers for me, and Im tired of letting others fly my planes first......I have built about 15 planes in my life and they all fly good the first time with a click here or there, well except the trainer but I wont go there...hahahahahahah
The new shirt says Official Test Pilot, so I will be just that. I have begun the OMP 540 so I better get ready for it.........

BONZI!!!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 12:55 AM
hoverit-RCU

Just chill and fly it 3 crashes high till you get it trimmed out at half throttle or so then start doing fly by after fly by lower and lower, be careful taking off it will suprise you real quick if your not ready.

Sim hrs have helped so you should be ok.

Only advice I can really give you is on takeoff, wants it gets moving and you pull back all the way and it jumps off the ground, stop pulling back instantly, even let go of the stick for a SPLIT second, then start flying it UP and UP then trim it.

The most important thing to remember at that point is to slow down to half throttle and fly in circles and get used to the controls. Hopefully you've set them up as gentle as a trainer or a little hotter.

DON'T DO ANY TRICKS TILL YOU'VE LANDED 10 TIMES OR DONE ATLEAST 10 TOUCH N GO'S, SHOULD TAKE 5 MINUTES IF YOUR AS GOOD AS YOU THINK YOU ARE LOL.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:55 AM
edberry22

LOL
I never claimed to be a good flyer, just confident in being able to do it. I got in my touch and goes 2 weeks ago and only dinged the prop once, not bad for me and a bouncing trainer plane......I swear that thing was landing on springs......hey wait, it was......LOL........this was all just to get back into the hobby.....Have several flights in the books so to speak, they were just many many years ago........this year is a fresh start in a fresh direction.......PROFILE and 3D fun......with an occasional lazy day flying the tiger 2......
Old 05-12-2003, 02:04 AM
hoverit-RCU

YOU can do it, just do it gentley at 1st, and do any manuvers at least 2 crashes high and you'll be good to go.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:23 AM
lomcevek1

Keep us informed we want to hear how it went !!!
Old 05-12-2003, 06:13 PM
edberry22

Default I did it.....now were having some fun!!!

First flight of the day was my first solo of the CG Tiger 2, man was I nervous........really nervous!!! But after a few minutes in the air I started to settle down, did some loops, rolls, stalls, snap rolls, and some inverted flight, came in and landed like I knew what I was doing and didnt even ding a prop, but man I was shaking like crazy!!! Taxi'd in and shut everything down and sat an reflected on the whole thing. Life is good!!!
Watched a few folks practice for this weekends contest and was feeling good, but I remembered on the Dazzler, I moved the C.G. back to the center mark and went to an 11X4 instead of the 11X6 prop and desided I better have a vet fly it first, just in case. (he did and all was fine).
Sat and watched some more and said to myself, its time!
Got up, hung my keys on the board, and grabbed the transmitter.
Fired the Dazzler up and taxi'd out, checked the runway and sky for traffic, and throttled up heading down the runway.....nice take off and right climbing turn, trimmed it to my liking and procceded to make the basic flying manuvers, then some snap rolls, loops, inverted turns, and something I have seen before but couldnt tell ya the name of, half way thru the loop, roll 180 to a dive, then climb into another loop and at the top roll 180 into a dive........some tight figure 8's and I was ready to try and land, came around for the runway and chopped the power way down, bam.....she was on the ground rolling out before I could blink......so sweet........Im liking this funfly stuff, now its time to start working on bettering my skills and trying to become as proficient as I can.........
NOW WERE HAVING FUN AGAIN!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 06:40 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Re: I did it.....now were having some fun!!!

Originally posted by ecajberry
half way thru the loop, roll 180 to a dive, then climb into another loop and at the top roll 180 into a dive........

NOW WERE HAVING FUN AGAIN!!!
That's a Cuban 8 if I read your description correctly..of course your last sentence has the best description of all!
Old 05-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Flipper
My Feedback: (3)

Way to go!!