Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

OMP "New Version of GS540"

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

OMP "New Version of GS540"

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 02:13 PM
wagas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMP "New Version of GS540"

While at Joe Nalls I visited the OMP booth and noticed a newer version of the giant profile 540. From what info I RX'd and saw, it now sports a foam fuse and only a two piece wing. (the center section has been removed (still 80" wingspan). The wing bolts directly to the fuse now. It looks and feels sturdy and you get another 4 inches of ailerons butted up to the sides of the fuse and the lady also said it's now $199.00 instead of the now $175 price tag. I picked it up (will post a pic if I took one, took so many that friday) and it pretty much weighs the same as mine does (without using a scale of course).

I see no additional gain of this change with the exception of having longer ailerons now. Any thoughts or does anyone else know more?

If seems like it's contstruted like the new YAK -54 is.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:51 PM
m.gramling
My Feedback: (8)

My brother picked up 1 at the noll. I told him it was a regular fuse. And he stated that the new version has foam in the fuselage. I am interested in why they changed that.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:02 PM
wagas

Do you remember what he paid for it? I'm real curious if the $199 price is correct. (the lady might have been confused about it)
Old 05-19-2003, 06:32 PM
lagCisco

the new Yak in development is supposed to have a foam fuse aswell, i'd like to see how this thing is built with a foam fuse
Old 05-19-2003, 07:35 PM
m.gramling
My Feedback: (8)

I will check later, but I think he paid somewhere around $185.00 and be bought it at the Noll, and brought it home. I don't know if it helped him, but he hangs around McConville, F.NollJr, and those guys. So maybe the cut him a deal thinking they would get some advertisement.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:14 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Default New version

Folks,

We did unvail the new GS540P at the Noll and this new version has a foam core fuselage and two-piece wing. Reasons for the changes are to produce a kit which is easier to construct for the builder, reduce the overall weight, and increase the roll rate of the existing GS4540P. Anyone who saw these planes fly at the Noll will agree they were the most popular plane there! We had by far the largest crowds around these planes than any other aircraft there. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.

The price was $190 and that will be the new price once we get these in mass production. The foam cores are CNC cut by the way!

Mike Pilkenton
OMP Designer