Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Sig Ultimate FF aft servo setup?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Sig Ultimate FF aft servo setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Sarsipius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Ultimate FF aft servo setup?

I need to mount my elevator and rudder servos in the tail on the Sig Ultimate FF profile that I'm building for balance. Anyone here done this? Would luv the details on how and pics would be great too! Thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:22 AM
BRUTUS122
My Feedback: (14)

Default aft servo install

I did it on the one I was flying last summer. I cut two holes through the solid balsa fuse right in front of the horiz. stab. If I ever get another I would just cut one hole for both servos. I ran the servo wires down the fuse sides and covered them with trim tape.
It might sound kinda cheesey, but I got this plane real cheap, and just finished it to THRASH on. Strapped an old OS 70 4-stroke on it; and it flew beautifully.
The holes in the fuse didn't hurt her a bit; lost the throttle linkage, and it stuck wide open. I put a big 12oz. tank on that one too. Flew it for about 15min that way, until it developed a flutter and exploded. The fuse survived though, even with the holes I cut in her.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Sarsipius

Default thanks

thanks, any problems with getting oil on the back side of the servos?
Old 07-17-2003, 07:03 PM
BRUTUS122
My Feedback: (14)

Default oil

That plane didn't last long enough to get any oil on the servos.

I have, however, been flying an OMP Edge 540 profile most of this season with the same set-up. I've always wondered if oil would pose a problem, but haven't noticed any yet. It does get messy back there.