Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Knife (Morris) flaperons settings

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Knife (Morris) flaperons settings

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 09:09 PM
dickj
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knife (Morris) flaperons settings

Could some of you experienced morris knife owners tell me if flaperons help the knife in any way? If so what settings do you use? Do you mix elevator and flaperons, and if so how much elevator vs how much flaperon. I hope this is clear but if not just tell me how to setup flaperons on a Futaba 8AUFS radio. I love my knife and am ready to experiment with the flaperons.

PS: Whoever suggested that I buy the Tetherite products "crazy legs" gear thanks a bunch as thats a must have for knife owners and the service/delivery time was excellent!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:34 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

I mix about 50% flaps with mine(flaperons) when you pull up on the ele, the flaps drop and vice versa when you give it down ele. I used the same radio that you have awhile back , but even then I couldn't tell you how to program it with out meww'n around with the radio

Flaperons will help on TO & landings, they also help with tight loops, and maybe various other manuevers that you just need to experiment with I.E. flatspins

When I hover/TR, I turn them off

I also got spoilerons on mine, thats when you give up ele and the ailerons go up like speed brakes...hardly ever use them
Old 07-23-2003, 11:40 PM
deletemenow

I would have to agree with Termagator. I wouldn't use more than 50% of available throws though. You could loose aileron effectiveness and that would be bad down low.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:18 AM
dickj
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks fellows for answering my request!
Old 07-24-2003, 12:36 AM
Hacker

i've messed with them both flaperons and spoilerons....i dont use them at all now