Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

DOes anyone remember a "Blue Max" fun fly plane?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

DOes anyone remember a "Blue Max" fun fly plane?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:53 AM
deadstick8409
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOes anyone remember a "Blue Max" fun fly plane?

It was designed by a guy I went to college with, and then kitted by someone. It had a sholder wing, .40 size, tip plates around the wing tips, and IIRC, swept back wings? Iam pretty sure they are long gone as google/search engines come up pretty empty. But if anyone knows where they may be found......
Old 07-07-2010, 05:07 PM
SNARLACLES
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: DOes anyone remember a

found this in another forum on here. is this the one your looking for?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_32...tm.htm#3287736
Old 07-07-2010, 06:04 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

didn't Global do an ARF of this plane? It wasn't blue though, it was orange.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:34 PM
deadstick8409

I guess it just faded into r/c history. I remember it being a fun airplane, the designer was a student at Parks College, and used to fly them out in the back of the dorms. Iseem to remember his last name was Allen, but could be wrong. Got a great memory, but it's a short one.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:37 PM
deadstick8409

And snaracles, thanks, that was it.!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:39 PM
idoxlr8-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

That plane was a lot of fun. It was kitted by Ace R/C
Old 07-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I believe the plans can be had from either RCM plans service or Model Airplane News plans service. Had one, flew it for several years and then sold it to a friend. Good plane except for spin recovery. Liked to tighten-up in the spins. First few recoveries were interesting, to say the least.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 PM
John Baligrodzki

When I was learining to fly back in 1988 the club hot shot pilot had a Blue max. I remember the thick wing, slightly swept back. Could land very slowly. I remember him telling me how it was designed to be stable and responsivbe at low airspeeds. I was impressed, but alas all I could handle was my Goldberg Eagle trainer! By the time I was ready for such a plane I don't recal they were available. At the time (about 1993) I built a Not For Sale. I still have that plane and still fly it at least a few times per year. Bet I have 1,500+ flights on it.

If I remember, the rest of the Blue Max was pretty much like a Great Planes Stick. I think the plane was a trike geared ship. Anyone have any pictures?

Regards,

John
Old 09-19-2010, 12:03 AM
stantheman

The Global Blue Max (Orange) is my all-time favorite aircraft. I first flew one on September 2, 2000 with an OS 52 four stroke engine and still fly it 10 or 12 times a year. I liked it so much that after it was discontinued I wanted to make sure that I had one till I was too old to fly anymore so I started locating them on the internet where I would make a call and then make a mini-vacation out of driving from Kentucky to whatever state they were in to pick them up.
As a consequence I now have FOUR of them still new in the box but the original still keeps on ticking and taking NO licking. I did replace the worn out OS 52 with a new OS 56a four stroke.
STILL my all-time favorite model aircraft. ( I am going to fly it tomorrow!)
Old 09-21-2010, 08:15 PM
turbo.gst
My Feedback: (8)

The Blue Max II was designed by Jim Allen, Jr and was published in the Feb 1985 issue of Model Aviation. It was kitted first by "Off The Ground Models" and later "Ace". The plans are still available through AMA. It is plan # 465. It is a great design. Hope that helps.

turbo
Old 10-10-2010, 01:05 AM
howie24

Wow...... i am just getting into the airplane hobbie and purchaced some planes in a lot sale.... the one i was the most excited about was the Blue Max Orange 40 - 60............  i later realized the wing was missing..the box was stuffed with building materials and i was so excited about the great find   well i was thinking of mounting my trainer wing  just to get to fly it.....
Old 01-16-2011, 07:58 PM
scootter
My Feedback: (223)

I still have a Blue Max II kit by off the ground models.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
stantheman

I still have THREE Global Blue Max ARF Models (ORANGE) NEW IN THE BOX and one still flying with an OS 56a four stroke engine. I would be willing to sell a couple of them if anyone is interested.
Stan
Old 05-04-2012, 02:40 PM
DaveM48

I actually have an assembled Off The Ground "Blue Max" kit in a really trippy paint scheme (pink and black fuselage, yellow wings!). It came to me as a "leftover" following an estate sale and is complete, though all electronics and the engine have been removed. I brought it home simply because I did not want to see it thrown away (it's in great condition apart from the missing guts). It would be very difficult to ship (big and delicate), but might someone be interested in it or at least have some idea of approximate value if any? If there is interest I'll put it in the Classifieds section. Just don't want to put to high a price on it as I would like to see it find a good home. I have very little experience with r/cjust enough to know that I can't afford the parts and equipment to make it fly again.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:43 AM
banjo50

do you still have any blue max
Old 07-17-2016, 09:34 PM
mike_teg_89

Do you still have a blue max?call or text me please 8175266917
Old 09-14-2016, 06:01 PM
bigfer

I have a blue max in great condition.I have a os fx 46 engine on it.It is orange that is how it came it has the original wing struts .Are you interested in buying it? If so email me at bigfer@ cox.net thank you