Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Seduction Wildstyle Flight Report

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Seduction Wildstyle Flight Report

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 12:28 AM
jon595
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seduction Wildstyle Flight Report

I finally got to fly my new plane. Power is a Saito 56F and APC 12x6 prop, servos are JR DS3421 digital minis for flight surfaces, w/DS368 on throttle. Built stock in a months time. A lot easier to build than it looks due to th engineering and overall quality.

It was a little windy (wind sock was straight, at least 15 mph) but I didn't know when I would get another chance. Engine was previously broken in on another plane so it started easy. Took off and had to give it 2 clicks right aileron and 2 clicks up. The plane was just at little bit nose heavy. Ended up with about 4 clicks right rudder. I just flew it around getting used to it. Running at half throttle it was apparent that the 56 was more than enough for it, did a couple of big loops and did not need to throttle up. The roll rate was fast. Put it on high rate aileron and it rolled about 5 times in what was probably half a second. Thats when I noticed how hard it was to tell the difference between right side up and upside down. Gotta do something to the bottom. Just a hint of pitch coupling on knife edge. Turns with rudder only were flat, but again it was loosing some altitude. Landed real easy after 7 minutes but had to add throttle because it wanted to slow down too much.

Moved the aileron pushrods out one hole on the clevis. Refueled and took off. Much better. Tried a waterfall. With the forward CG it looked like a 5 foot loop. Tracked straight through about 5 of them, even with the wind. Hovered real easy, plenty of power to pull out with. Unlimited w/56F running 20/20. The wind blew it way down to the other side of the field so I gained some altitude, switched it on to high rate elevator (50% of travel) and it came straight down without any wing rock. My Seduction Freestyle can't do it like that in the wind. Pop ups were squared edges without any snapping.

I only flew it twice but was really impressed with how it handled the wind. Need to re-inforce the area were the battery needs to be moved back to in the rear fuselage for next time. It was not all that fast and I was taking it easy on the throttle for fear of flutter. However it would maintain the same speed going verticle as horizontal @ same throttle setting. Must be the fat wing.

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	96210_5703.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	55153  
Old 07-25-2003, 12:30 AM
jon595

Every surface will deflect more than 45%. I had to tone down the ailerons though.

Name:	96211_5703.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	55154  
Old 07-25-2003, 12:32 AM
jon595

Here is the tail.

Name:	96212_5703.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	55155  
Old 07-25-2003, 12:35 AM
jon595

Next to my profile plane as a comparison of size. The Wildstyle has not been weighed yet but I'm guessing it weighs 4 lbs. even. This plane is popular with the electric crowd due to the low weight.

Name:	96213_5703.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	55156  
Old 07-25-2003, 06:14 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

How does the wire gear do? I think that is the only thing about the plane I do not like. Does it seem OK, or easily changed to something else?

Also, how much prop clearance does it have when level?
Old 07-25-2003, 10:55 PM
jon595

The wire landing gear seems ok. It gives about 2 1/2 inches of prop clearance. If the plane were heavy I think it might be an issue. The plans show how to put the swept gear of a Freestyle (purchased seperately) on it, even includes the extra wood parts. Guy at our field has an electric version and it has a 16" or 18" prop. He uses swept back aluminum gear that he made.

Once the gear is glued in, it would take some cutting to get the v shaped piece of ply out to remove the metal gear. You could make your own to give more clearance. I used the set up recommended on the plans, to include the engine and prop.
Old 07-30-2003, 05:12 AM
BotleRocketWar

That's awesome!

Great flight report and a really great looking airplane.

I still wonder, why in the hell aren't those Seduction airplanes more popular?

I miss my Freestyle...Just might have to build a Wildstyle to fill the void.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:28 PM
rcflyer11
My Feedback: (4)

I think that price probably has a lot to do with the lack of popularity, plus the "time" advantage of ARFs. These Pilot kits are extremely nice, but they cost more than some pretty nice ARFs.

MRC has recently reduced their prices on Pilot kits substantially, making them very competitive with Singapore Hobby. Also, you don't have the hassle factor if the kit is damaged in shipment.

Check 'em out:
http://www.modelrec.com/products/rcP...pilotLazer.asp