Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

What and who is the "Profile brotherhood"

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

What and who is the "Profile brotherhood"

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 03:53 AM
nitro bear
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What and who is the "Profile brotherhood"

I've been back in this hobby 4 mos after a 13 year absence and jus was wondering who are these folks and is it a seperate club etc. Any answers would be appreciated. Kerry
Old 07-25-2003, 04:04 AM
BotleRocketWar

Bill Hell started it...

Anyone who is into profile airplanes can become a member. It's a Yahoo group....There are also a bunch of Pro Bro Fly-in's all over the place for members.

http://www.the******************.com

There are almost 350 members now...I'm #300 and something...
Old 07-25-2003, 05:45 AM
Daryl Martel
My Feedback: (3)

Default The Profile Brotherhood

BotleRocketWar is covering up the truth. The Profile Brotherhood is a secret society loosely based on Freemasonry with aspirations of world domination! They are starting down this path by controlling the price of energy by cornering the market on Methanol consumption. This is done by large groups of people simultaneously hovering their fun fly planes consuming copious amounts of fuel. It's an addiction - they can'y help it. Be scared - very scared. Look for the secret handshake.

Pro Bro 322
Old 07-25-2003, 06:07 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Now Daryl, You shouldn't hold back like that - Just come right out with it
Old 07-25-2003, 09:14 AM
JNohsey
My Feedback: (28)

Default How the profile brotherhood was started.

This is a copy of Biiy Hell post about how it was started.

How the Profile Brotherhood was started....

The Profile Brotherhood
Two years ago at a swap meet I went home with a $40 profile plane. It was my first. This $40 investment has led me down a road of hard core addiction. The plane could be as gentle as a trainer or as wild as a very expensive 3D plane. It didn't take long for the addiction to set in. About this time I was also discovering the wealth of information the internet had for me. I became a regular on RCUnivserse.com asking questions about everything from engines to programming my computer radio. My nick name was Billy Hell. They guys were always ready to answer any question. One day I posted a picture of me with my profile.
I had what could only be described as a "thousand mile stare" on my face. Evidently this struck some of the members as funny. One of the RCUniverse users went to the field and had someone take a picture of him in the exact pose and started a thread called "Ode to Billy Hell". Then others started sending in their "thousand mile stare" photos. To show I had a sense of humor I took all the photos into Photoshop and made it look as though we were all in the field together. Over our head it read
"THE PROFILE BROTHERHOOD". More and more people wanted to be in the picture. The thread became a place to talk about the profiles and what we were building and doing with our planes. That thread has been viewed by 24,000 people and had over 900 responses. Then a month later I received an email from Morris Hobbies. They make the planes that most of us fly. They said they thought this "Profile Brotherhood" was a great thing and they wanted to be a part of it. That is when I decided the Profile Brotherhood needed to become a real club. A web site was
created, a Yahoo Group was created for us to sign up officially and chat to one another via email. That was a little more than a year ago and the Profile Brotherhood is 200 plus members strong. We have brothers in Switzerland, Australia and Slovenia and have 3 to 4 people join everyday. To date we have had Profile Brother sponsored Fun Flies in Houston, Texas, Memphis, Tennessee, Raleigh, North Carolina and have scheduled events for New York City as well as Nashville.

Why did a bunch of guys in pictures holding their profiles turn into a tight nit club? I think it is because we are a rare breed. Most people find our profile planes unappealing. In fact we all have shared experiences of bringing a newly finished plane to the field only to have fellow club members talk about how ugly it is. These are function before form type of guys. They aren't happy with flying the pattern, they need more!

The Brothers typically fly a .40 size plane with 48 inch wing span. If built from a kit the weight on the plane is usually around 4.4 .lbs loaded. We use anything from an OS 46 FX to Irvine .53s. Saito .72 four strokes are also very popular. Maybe some of you have seen a profile plane at the field but have you ever seen one really wrung out? Let's go over a list of things that one of the $80 kits can accomplish:
hovering, torque rolling, inverted spins, upright spins, climbing
inverted spins, knife edge spins, harriers, upside down harriers,
harrier landings, waterfalls, falling leaf, tornados, elevators,
parachute and the list continues. If you can think of a maneuver these planes can usually do it. Born out of profile control line planes they have evolved into 3D wonder machines that let the pilot feel free to try things they wouldn't normally try with a $3,000 3D plane.

With over 200 Brothers I have found them all to be helpful and good natured. I have been around enough clubs (RC and other wise) to know that when the numbers get that high things can get ugly but it has been my pleasant surprise to be proved wrong with the Pro Bros. We all post on an internet email chat. One person will post a question and usually within minutes several Brothers will post answers. If I start to build a kit I will send out an email (called a thread because every response to that email carries the original title). As the building progresses and my questions pile up they are in that thread and saved for future
builders of that plane. Pictures are posted of the process and
ultimately the maiden flight. The time it takes to learn about our
hobby has been really accelerated because of the internet and the ability to talk to like builders all over the world in real time. I have learned more in 2 years from the Profile Brothers than I could have learned on my own in 10. Throw into the mix all the kidding and jokes and we all have something that we look forward to every day. I consider many of these people good friends even though I have never met them face to face. For example; I had a new plane that needed a motor. A Brother
sent me a $150 engine to use until I purchased the one I needed. I have seen acts of kindness like this numerous times and have never ever heard of anyone being taken advantage of. Why? I just think it is the mentality of the RC hobbyist. We all know the work involved. The thinking one must do to get it all working and the dedication in time and money to get
that bird to the field.

Really it's about the excitement of building and flying but most of all it is about the people you share this hobby with. Now I not only have the guys at the field to share my great times with but I also have over 200 brothers all over the world as well! What could be better?

http://www.the******************.com
Old 07-25-2003, 09:49 AM
WADE
My Feedback: (19)

You guys need to stop spreading false rumors. The truth is this. The Brotherhood is involved in a TOP SECRET government covert operation flying micro profile spy planes all over the country gathering intelligence info for big brother. They are assimilating every single bit of information about every person in this country. This is the first step of absolute control, next they will begin implanting microchips into everyone. We need to stop them now! If we don't, we are DOOMED! Their founder and leader is BILLY HELL. He is the key. If we stop him then we stop the Brotherhood!

Update: Recent intelligence suggests that a man in the Brotherhood called "Gator" has developed a special covering that makes the micro profile completely invisible unless wearing special glasses. It is rumored that he spends much of his time sitting on a toilet. Sounds like one strange individual! We are also looking for someone called "Swany". We're not exactly sure what his connection to the Brotherhood is, but there's some talk that he may be their chief test pilot.

Stay tuned for further updates..........
Old 07-25-2003, 10:36 AM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

a;lsdkfjalasldkfj asldkfjlskdf lsdk,ksldjflkjsd. lksjdfljas;lfdkj!!!!
sldkfsd?
a;lskdjf?
als;kdfj!!!!
als;dkjfalsdkfjlskdfj lksjdf slkdj slkd ..!!
BILLY HELL

- OK all you Pro Bros, break out your decoder rings and get to work. We must save the world and whip the air into a 3D froth for all the world to see!
Old 07-25-2003, 10:40 AM
WADE

See, we have Billy Hell so scared he can't even type straight!
Old 07-25-2003, 11:27 AM
akahoverit

I believe Billy was sending secret code out to fellow pro bros telling them to ATTACK!
Old 07-25-2003, 11:30 AM
WADE

Yep, I'll bet you're right!
Old 07-25-2003, 12:40 PM
ChuckAuger

Originally posted by WADE
The Brotherhood is involved in a TOP SECRET government covert operation gathering intelligence
Well, if that's the case, they have failed miserably!!
Old 07-25-2003, 01:05 PM
hroachen

Originally posted by Billy Hell
a;lsdkfjalasldkfj asldkfjlskdf lsdk,ksldjflkjsd. lksjdfljas;lfdkj!!!!
sldkfsd?
a;lskdjf?
als;kdfj!!!!
als;dkjfalsdkfjlskdfj lksjdf slkdj slkd ..!!
BILLY HELL
Billy,

Ner lbh fher lbh'er abg zbivat gbb fbba? Gur fvghngvba jbhyq frrz gb pnyy sbe erfgenvag.

D
Old 07-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Daryl Martel

Default Update

Update - further investigation has revealed their front man may not be Billy Hell. Many of the members of this secret society hide behind pseudonyms to mask their true identity! Billy Hell is believed to have connections to Hobby Lobby. Both Hobby Lobby and Morris Hobbies are believed to be somehow involved in the societys goal to rule the world with a unified government of profile plane flyers. Already profile flyers are imbedded in key positions throughout the government, military and civilian establishments. Ask me how I know. They cannot be stopped - you will be assimilated - END

For those of you that actually think I'm serious about this conspiracy thing, I'm joking... I mean really, RC flyers taking over the world (hmmm, it would be a better place).
Old 07-25-2003, 02:06 PM
Billy Hell

The Eagle sleeps in the noon time shade.
The Eagle sleeps in the noon time shade.

All the Dolphins are laughing in their sleep.
All the Dolphins are laughing in their sleep.

The Prop will bite the hand that feeds it.
The Prop will bite the hand that feeds it.

That is all for now.....
Old 07-25-2003, 02:34 PM
TERMAGATOR

nito bear....all kidding aside, when you have about 4hrs with nothing to do, read this thread. it will explain who and what the Pro Bros are.....Gator
http://rcuniverse.com/showthread.php...748&forumid=21
Old 07-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Johnnylightning

#333 is the 1/2 mark for my membership...then I'll join
Old 07-26-2003, 01:49 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

The ProBro's ROCK!!! I've never met a nicer buncha guys to hang out with and fly... And share some Mexican food and a occasional Margarita with now and again....

Come to the ProBro flyin in Nashville this September 6th and see what we're all about.... I promise you'll have a great time!!!
Old 07-26-2003, 01:52 AM
Billy Hell

Harry
Aren't we way past 333 now? I'm seeing 3 to 4 guys a day joining these days.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:03 AM
Hacker

where is brother latch ? settled in yet? hope your coming to sept ff
Old 07-26-2003, 02:09 AM
YNOT

Brotherhood is a better name than Freaks.

The Unknown Brother
Old 07-26-2003, 02:16 AM
Johnnylightning

Mr. Hell, is there any way to reserve a future member #?
Old 07-26-2003, 03:57 AM
Daryl Martel

Default Membership #s

Already up to 344 - just checked the list on Yahoo group file. Probably more submissions since last updated by brother Latch. Ordered KrazyLegs finally from brother Ray at Tetherite today. Ahh - the power of the brotherhood...
Old 07-26-2003, 04:45 AM
akahoverit

Word has it the profile alliance is gathering in Nashville on sept. 9, who is member #333 we should watch him or it carefully.
Old 07-26-2003, 04:47 AM
nitro bear

Thanks to all who have given me some answers in there own right mind.....well maybe some of you guys minds' might be right or might not depending.........oh well ya'll fill in the blank. Anyway sounds like a fun group of misfits and party animals in search of the utmost intrepid planes and great fellowship. For whatever it's worth I did the only thing I could do to help myself.....I joined " the brotherhood''. I look forward to meeting ya'll at various events in the southwest area. Party on!!!
Old 07-26-2003, 04:55 AM
akahoverit

Works everytime hehe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.