Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
 Funny sound during Start/Shutdown >

Funny sound during Start/Shutdown

Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

Funny sound during Start/Shutdown

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 02:12 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny sound during Start/Shutdown

I have a J600R and recently when the starter begins to spin at makes a funny almost slipping/vibrating sound. It will start the engine but it seems slugish. Once the engine has started it will run perfectly fine with no abnormalities. When the engine shuts down everything sounds normal but when the the cool down cycle starts its almost like it has a hard time spinning the engine up to the required RPM.

I have checked the engine and the compressor spins freely with no problem. I have checked the O-Ring on the starter and there is some wear, so I flipped it around but the problem persists. The engine only has about 45 starts on it so far with just a couple hours of run time. Besides this sound it will start just fine and shut down, but I thought this was weird as it did not do this until about the 30th start.

Any help with this would be great.

Ed Rapoza
Old 10-05-2006, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funny sound during Start/Shutdown

Hi Ed,

Sound like a slipping O-ring. Please clean the O-ring and the Bendix then try again. The O-ring can be cleaned with mild soap and rag. The bendix can be sprayed with lubricant then wipe dry with rag. See if this will cure the problem.

Regards,
Kraivuth S.