Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
 PST J1300R questions >

PST J1300R questions

Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

PST J1300R questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PST J1300R questions

Hi
I have a friend here in our local club who has just purchased a J1300 turbine. He (Yokoyama san) went to Bangkok to
get the engine. He has installed it in a Skymaster Bae Hawk. He has asked me to help him in getting it set up as he can't speak English or read the manual. He has told me he has already started the engine once in the plane, but could not work out how to adjust the idle speed.
I am a complete newbie to jets, so please bear with me! I have read through the manual twice and think I have grasped the basic operation of the beast. A few pointers would be appreciated! Translating it is going to be tough!
Could some please explain to me what "ramping" is?
Thanks
SK
Old 01-08-2007, 03:06 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: PST J1300R questions

Try contacting Kraivuth at PST jets. He is a man of many talents. [email protected]

Old 01-08-2007, 05:05 PM

idle speed is preset in the ecu...run too slow and you will cease to run....ramping means just that....the turbine ramps( steps up, increase) from one point to the next as in from 0 rpm to idle wich is over 30,000 rpm ..not sure of exact values.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:13 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Guys,

First, I don't mean to be rude, but please leave replies in these forums to the people associated with the manufacturers. John handing out Kraivuth's email is appropriate (thank you John) but any technical oriented response should come from someone who is a dealer, representative, sponsored pilot, or from the factory itself. Again, I don't mean to suppress any opinions, just trying to maintain the efficiency of the turbine support forums.

Now with respect to the question on the idle adjustment... The user sets both the idle and full throttle speed in the same manner. With the engine off, he/she runs through the menus and in this case finds the idle speed. This is a 'target' in which the user wishes to run the engine to. In the 1300R's case, the default in most cases is 40K RPM. (New software version allows 35K and lower residual thrust, contact me via PM for details...) Now, start the engine... At the end of the ramp sequence you'll notice and 'idle set' message, shown when the engine passes the target speed and slowly creeps back down to the target level again. It's automatically calibrating the voltage required for the target idle speed in the stage. Once that message disappears, the throttle control is handed back to the user and the idle speed should be set properly. If the user feels the calibrated idle voltage is off slightly, he / she can then fine tune the RPM level though the idle adjust screen when the engine is running.

Full throttle is largely the same. The user programs the target full speed while the turbine is not operating, then he / she performs the automated or manual full speed calibration sequence. Max RPM on the 1300R is set to 120K.

Thanks,
Kelly