Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

PST Service

Old 10-05-2007, 08:50 AM
My Feedback: (93)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PST Service

Just wondering if there is any place in North America to get these engines serviced? I have a 600R that decided to seize up. Looks like it needs bearings and a turbine wheel at the very least. Last i heard Carlos quit servicing them. Is there any other place i can get it serviced besides sending it all the way to Thailand?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:07 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: PST Service

Hi,

At this point I perform ECU retrofits and repairs, while I leave the major engine core repair to the head office in Thailand. I could service an engine, but I choose not to. The reasons are 2 fold... (1) the manufacturer of the turbine is most familiar with every facet of the hardware and they will likely be able to give you superior balancing accuracy. (2) the quantity of the business simply does not economically support the business cost and liability insurance for local engine core servicing. I suspect this is why other manufacturers have the same or similar policies. On the bright side however, the customers I've directed to send their turbine back to Thailand have largely reported that they are pleased with the service, price, and turn around time. Based on that last note, it doesn't appear to be an issue.

Brg,
Kelly