Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
 PST 1300R cooling problem >

PST 1300R cooling problem

Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

PST 1300R cooling problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:24 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PST 1300R cooling problem

Hi:

I'd like to share my last experience with the PST 1300R I own by now for 3 year (+/-). For the benefice of PST owners.

Two weeks ago I was flying my F-15 powered by this turbine. It performed well in flight but on the second flight of the day when lowered the trim for shut down something strange happens. The starter motor engages inmediatedly after trim down. It doesn't wait until the 2,000 Rpm programmed for cooling sequence engagement. Everybody might know what happen when this ocurs because main shaft is spining at 40,000 Rpm meanwhile starter motor only spins at 6,000 Rpm, maximum, at least when the starting sequence begins.
Also I need to mention that the Rpm reading at the GSU was about 2,000 Rpm after I hit the system switch "On".

Any way I talk Mr. Kraivuth about the situation. He instruct me to recalibrate maximum speed and perform an adjusment at the TEMS or ECU.

The engine is working good now, so far.
Thanks to Mr. Kraivuth for the good support.

If any one operating this turbine have had some kind of strange behavior, it would be good to share with the rest of the comunity. We all are in a process of learning every day we fly or deal in some way with this systems.

I hope this could be usefull.

Juan.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:36 PM

Default RE: PST 1300R cooling problem

Hi Juan,

Glad to see that your engine is running well now.

I need to emphasize that recalibration is a good practice especially on your first flight after long storage. I always calibrate if I don't fly for more than 2-3 weeks. Calibration will not hurt the engine or the ecu but rather help to harmonize the ecu/fuel pump/engine operation

Regards,
Kraivuth S.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:52 AM

Correction:

The real problem, as explained by PST wasn't the exposed above. The real problem is an intermitent contact or rubbing of the turbine wheel against the NGV. The turbine is actually being serviced by manufacturer.
Why is the real reason for this?
Is not clear yet.
The turbine exhibits this intermitent stopping from the beginning or the first starting attempt by me.
Manufacturer will explain this as their service progress.
The engine has about 23 Hrs. of operation and is running good except for this. Very noble reactor.[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Regards,
Juan.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:17 AM

Well let's finish this:

PST repaired my turbine but the cost was too onerous for me not for them, also shipping cost was horrendous. So I opt to sell them back the engine.
They had the chivalry to accept the deal.

I personally recommend these turbines. They run good and the thrust is as expected and advertised. The only thing missing here is a good U. S. representative.
They answered all my E-Mails professionally and were very helpfull. Good people to deal with.

Congratulations for such a good product at a great price.

Regards,
Juan.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:45 AM

Thanks for the kind words and hope that one of your future jets will have PST turbine once again.

Cheers,
Kraivuth S.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:20 PM

Me too buddy.
Take care & keep flying.[&:]

Regards,
Juan.