Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Rebuilt quickie

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:32 PM
BenG60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilt quickie

here are some pics of a vortex that randy bridges gave me through a friend, B coffey, the tail was broke off, the leading edge of the wing had a segment missing aprox 4x6 inches top and bottom, a hole on top of the wing about the size of a golf ball. and a new paint job, servos are jr 3421 and 3121"s the other quickie fuse is a copy of a vortex i cut out and built, it"s finished, it has 9650"s for servos, the wing is at coffeys house, my wife closed the slidding glass door on it by accident??????? the ony thing left to do is a little clear, its one chuck built for me. the other three fuses are in building stages,the v tail"s for these are finished, the wood wing is somthing i had to see if i could build it as nice as a composit. time will tell? we took the one out yesterday,RB old plane , coffey flew first, two clicks of right ail, then me, OMG faster than any thing ive flown,i was able to land it ok. the next flight i had to hand the radio over to coffey after a few laps. oh well ill keep practicing i just wanted you guys to see these before i pile them up, thanks again randy for the head start, and coffey i could"nt have built them with out you, thanks . get to work on your q40
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53623.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1652859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12166.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1652860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40861.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1652861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zs51624.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1652862  
Old 08-24-2011, 04:13 PM
BenG60

Default RE: Rebuilt quickie

Three more flights this evening, felt pretty good, didnt have to hand the radio off to coffey , starting to catch up with the plane and the fill of the sticks, my take off"s are good and landings are good , just everything else in between, will try to practice four or five times a week
Old 08-25-2011, 02:51 AM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Rebuilt quickie

Pretty darn good fix job for sure.. looks good as new. I'm glad you can get some use out of it .. Bruce Coffey is a great guy, and someone who will certainly help in any way he can.. Bruce is soley responsible for getting me into Pylon racing, he used to do it all for me..set the needle and call for me.. Good people

Randy Bridge