Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Help! TT Pro 40 Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 04:44 PM
MaxQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! TT Pro 40 Mufflers

Does anybody out there know where I can get a couple of Thunder Tiger Pro 40 Mufflers(stock part #9202)? I've called Ace Hobbies, 10 Ace dealerships, e-hobbies, etc. Does anybody want to get rid of some used TT 40 mufflers? TT 46 mufflers will also work.

Thanks

MaxQ
Old 12-31-2002, 06:50 PM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stink'n Muffler

TH, whats up my brother?

If its about that thru bolt,,, Use the Magnum 60 Muffler bolt!

BV
Old 12-31-2002, 08:30 PM
MaxQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! TT Pro 40 Mufflers

Mr BV,

I've got four engines and one functional muffler. I've been using 4-40 threaded rod on the last two muffler assemblies, still had one come apart last Basin Race. I guess that 100 Ft-lbs torque is a bit much for those poor little stressed 4-40 rods(or should that be 100 in-oz's). If I could find 2 baffles I have the parts to buildup two additional mufflers. Pretty smart of Thunder Tiger to design that "lean run" saftey feature into these engines. One lean needle setting, the muffler fragments, engine stops and cools all the way back to the pavement.

Good to here from ya Bud!

MaxQ