Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Pred II wing

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 09:57 AM
ecoliburger
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pred II wing

Getting the bugs worked out of my pred2. Need a lot of left ail trim to get it to fly straight. Tried taping some quarters on the bottom of the wing. This helps some but mainly seems to make it slow on a right turn. I read some of the previous threads on wing warp, slitting th e bottom of the wing and shimming. The trailing edge of my wing is straight, the leading edge has a section that is not straight. It is about a 6" area that looks to be higher than the rest of the wing. Any ideas how to fix this? Appreciate any input.
Got the bubbleless tank in, I see why these are recommended, it actually runs well now.
Thanks
Old 09-05-2006, 11:06 PM
wkevinm

Default RE: Pred II wing

Ecoli,

The best way to check for a wing warp is to hold the wing in front of you parrallel to the horizon and roll wing such that the trailing edge is hidden by the leading edge. In doing so you will see if one panel is twited up or down relative to the LE. Once you determine this I would first attempt to straighten with heat as opposed to cutting anything. Often a slight twist can be removed by heating the panel that is twisted (relative) and stressing it beyond straight such that when it relaxes it relaxes straight.

Kevin M.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:38 AM
ecoliburger
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Pred II wing

Thanks I will give that a try