Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

There is a catch with the DX-6i!

Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

There is a catch with the DX-6i!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:35 AM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default There is a catch with the DX-6i!

Hi!
Why can't I get the same servo travel (elev/rudder) on my V-tail Viper when I use my DX-6i as when I use the DX-7 (or any other JR radio for that matter)? I run 100% servo travel on both radios...even at max 125% travel (the DX-6i hasn't got 150% as the DX-7) it has less servo travel than the DX-7...???

This discrepancy makes it hard to change planes that has previously been run with other JR or DX-7 radios. You can't get the same amount of servo travel !!!
Old 07-07-2008, 05:24 AM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: There is a catch with the DX-6i!

Jan,

Call customer support at Horizon, 1-877-504-0233.. Maybe they can provide some assistance to there product.

Randy Bridge
Old 07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
jaka

Hi!
There seems to be a catch with the DX-6i.
Dick Hansson answered me in another forum and said that the DX-6i isn't manufactured by the same company that makes JR and DX-7 radios and as such it does'nt have the same software as the others. This means all users who has previously used the DX-7 (or any other JR radio)have to take apart their racers and get longer servo horns on the elevator and rudder servos if they are going to use the DX-6i in their V-tail pylon racers.
Not fun!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Hilarious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jan,
Actually to me it seems like it would be a help in a race model! Not one of my models uses even 100% travel for elevator or Aileron and since V tails mix the rudder with elevator it doesn't use 100% there either. I suppose if your linkages are 2" long you might be able to use 100%+ but I haven't seen that.

Why did you buy the DX6i for pylon racing?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:08 PM
jaka

Hi!
Well , I use to drill new holes as near the center as possible in my servo arms just to use as much servo travel as possible. That way you minimize the sloop in the servo gear box that occurs when you elektronicly reduce servo travel. 6mm from the servo center is what I have. most of the time I use 100-125% servo travel.

I bought the DX-6i just to be able to have a radio that would easily change from US transmitted power to European...!
You know the rules over here in Europe doesn't permit as much transmitted wattage as the radios sold in the US. I think you have 120mW and we have 100mW transmitted output power.
With the DX-6i you can choose yourself just with a push of a button....

Old 07-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jaka, has that 100mW rule or law ever been enforced?

BV
Old 07-08-2008, 07:12 AM
jaka

Hi!
Yes!
Over here in Europe the regulations says: No more than 100mW out put power!
Nice then with a radio where you can choose what out put power you like...!
Do you think anyone over here will choose the lower transmitted power when they can choose 120mW...