Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

New Viper 500 RTC

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:15 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Viper 500 RTC

freeair ... gotcha ... you going for the race in Grafton? I wish I could go as Big Bruce will be there too. Am gonna be caught up in helping my pals for a pattern competition.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:16 PM
DMyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replace the top hatch with 1/8" ply, add triangle all the way around hatch and were missing up front. I then sand off the front glass and covering and add a 1/8" front plate slightly oversize drilled for the mount - I then sand the edges down flush with all sides - adds a significant amount of glue area where it is sorely lacking on the firewall. I then pin the firewall with three dowls/toothpicks per side. Never had one come out with any engine or abuse including Nelson Power.

Dan
Old 05-13-2009, 09:37 PM
tIANci

Thanks for the info Dan, will work on it next week. Shall make it as tough as a tank.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 PM
freeair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tIANci, i wont be able to make the Grafton race day but all of the other races will be fine for me. when racing 424 class i normally get Bruce or Chris Callow to be my caller, Chris is easier to grab as he doesn,t race Q-500 class thank god.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:48 AM
tIANci

freeair ... I was hoping to make it for Grafton, just to be there and race for fun. Can't make it now that I need to be in Singapore with my friends who will be flying F3A ... oh well ... I am the busy body who will be team manager. Aarrrggghhh ... need to make sure they are all happy. Will try to see if I can make it for another race later down the year, should be fun to meet people who we only hear their names or see as a mere forumer on RCU.