Community
Search
Notices
Quadra-Aerrow Engines Get direct support for you Quadra-Aerrow Engines here!

quadra 35 carb

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 07:08 PM
cdf1961
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quadra 35 carb

bought a used quadra 35-having a little trouble getting the carb adjusted. Could you tell me what the correct carb is-thanks
Old 03-26-2005, 08:25 PM
roltech

Default RE: quadra 35 carb

That makes two of use I also bought a used Quadra 35 and don't know how to adjust, having problem starting it too.
roltech
Old 03-29-2005, 11:30 AM
Bill Rademacher
My Feedback: (77)

Well, I have had two Quadra 35s, 41s, Zenoach, and FPEs. On the Qquadra 35 I am currently flying, I always adjust the screw farthest from the hub, for the top end. I start with it out about two turns.

After I get the tachometer rpm I want, I turn in the Low end screw, which is closest to the hub.

I have found I get almost 8000 rpm with an APC 17 X 6, but your results may vary, of course. I have seen people fly them with a 20 X 8, 18 X 10, and 18 X 8 and 18 X 6-10.

I just like higher rpms. Hope this helps.

Bill
Old 05-22-2005, 01:17 PM
EL TEMUCANO

we have 2 screws "L " "H" on L turn 1 1/2 turn and H turn 1 turn open, thats on my engin, on yours maebe its different.

the first turns of my prop i close the carb until the engine do the first detonation, then i open to hight ralenty and then BRRRRRRUUUMMMM, THATS ALL.....

carefull with the spark is very easy to wet it. (my engine is upside down).
Old 11-16-2005, 06:16 PM
jeffeh
My Feedback: (13)

I have a Q 35 that I pull a 1/5 scale DR-1 with. It is about 20 years old. It set up for several years and I had Carb issues. I took the carb off and took it to a locale small engine shop. The mechaniic was very helpful, he sold me a rebuild kit, I rebuilt the carb, and also fownd that me points need to be replaced. If you have an old Q that uses a mag and points you may need to check them, you need to pull the flywheel off to get to the points. As for needle adjustments, well I would start with about 2 turns on the low side and about that on the high side as starters, ajust the high side first. If you do not have a spring starter then give the carb a few shots of nito fuel and use a chicken stick and pop the prop through. From here on you are on your own. Good luck!

Jeffeh
Old 05-14-2009, 03:44 PM
slowas

on hi turn open 1 and 1/4.. on low turn open 1/2 and allmost 1/8 also..replace your plug with a cj-8 and sandpaper your points. put a rubber hose tight fit over your carb adjustment screws and move away from prop and make fine ajustment to fine tune running. the book says hi one turn and low one and one half turn. magneto gap is.010. plug gap is .025. point gap is.015.