Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Cant find a Pitts invert muffler for a OS 95 AX?????

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Cant find a Pitts invert muffler for a OS 95 AX?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant find a Pitts invert muffler for a OS 95 AX?????

This engine has been out for some time, but can't find a muffler for it. I need a inverted Pitts type, or a extention to get the stock muffler out past the fuse on a P-47. I've googled it, and get contradicting info. OS says the 75 ax use the same muffler but the spacing is a little different. Plus the canister size for a .75 pitts would be smaller than the needs of a .95. Help!!

Edit>>>>>> Invert wrap around.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:25 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cant find a Pitts invert muffler for a OS 95 AX?????

It looks like the stock muffler for both engines is the same part. I would just use the Pitts for the .75
Old 11-05-2010, 08:42 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Contact Bisson and they should be able to tell you exactly what will, and will not, fit your engine.

BISSON CUSTOM MUFFLERS
9 Moffat Rd, Parry Sound, Ontario, P2A 2W7
Phone/Fax (705) 389-1156
E:Mail.. [email protected]

Ken
Old 11-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And Nice Twice stocks Bisson mufflers. {Usually!} I had them order an extension for me too and saved the shipping.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:47 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

And Nice Twice stocks Bisson mufflers. {Usually!} I had them order an extension for me too and saved the shipping.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:39 AM
oldtyme

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Contact Bisson and they should be able to tell you exactly what will, and will not, fit your engine.

BISSON CUSTOM MUFFLERS
9 Moffat Rd, Parry Sound, Ontario, P2A 2W7
Phone/Fax (705) 389-1156
E:Mail.. [email protected]

Ken
Actually the muffler for the 91FX will probably fit and it available at Tower Hobbies. I have one on an inverted OS91FX in my GP PT17 Stearman. I think that it is the only inverted muffler Bisson makes.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:35 AM
da Rock

Slimline is making a wrap around inverted muffler for the 91FX. It was released a week or two ago.

I just retrofitted one onto the 91FX that's in a H9 Spitfire. Have flown it a couple of outings and other than a nicer looking cowling setup, there isn't anything to report.

Tower got them in a week or 2 ago. It would be a surprise if they didn't fit the 95AX.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:39 AM
da Rock

Oh btw, the wrap around is a much easier "blob" to deal with than ones that put the can beside the engine and run the pipes straight down. Those usually require chopping some side cowl away. The wrap arounds place the pipes directly behind the engine. The can is also back there. So the overall width required is less and the pipes come out where they're least obvious.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:27 PM
oldtyme

ORIGINAL: da Rock

Oh btw, the wrap around is a much easier ''blob'' to deal with than ones that put the can beside the engine and run the pipes straight down. Those usually require chopping some side cowl away. The wrap arounds place the pipes directly behind the engine. The can is also back there. So the overall width required is less and the pipes come out where they're least obvious.
Wished I'd had that a couple of months ago. I had to cut the heck out of my cowl and dummy radial on my GP PT17 Stearman to get everything to fit. I almost gave up and bought a 4-stroke because this application does not bode well for a 2-stroke. Of course I could just buy the wrap-around, a new cowl and a new dummy radial [:'(]
Old 11-06-2010, 04:27 PM
da Rock

ORIGINAL: oldtyme
Wished I'd had that a couple of months ago. I had to cut the heck out of my cowl and dummy radial on my GP PT17 Stearman to get everything to fit. I almost gave up and bought a 4-stroke because this application does not bode well for a 2-stroke. Of course I could just buy the wrap-around, a new cowl and a new dummy radial [:'(]

Bought a 4stroke???? to fit with less cutting than a 2stroke? Has there ever been a 4 that wasn't almost an inch taller than the 2 it was a match to???? anyway.....

I just bought a new cowl for my Spitfire. It was the best $30 that's gone into that airplane.

Thanks to the new muffler it's a lot better looking Spitfire. Just came back from flying it 3 days in a row. Up until the retrofit, it had built up a layer of dust and had been moved back behind the airplanes I enjoyed flying.

Honest, you'll feel like you've got a new airplane after seeing the new clean cowl on a low, slow pass. And you'll swear the sucker flies better.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:15 PM
oldtyme

ORIGINAL: da Rock

Bought a 4stroke???? to fit with less cutting than a 2stroke? Has there ever been a 4 that wasn't almost an inch taller than the 2 it was a match to???? anyway.....

I just bought a new cowl for my Spitfire. It was the best $30 that's gone into that airplane.

Thanks to the new muffler it's a lot better looking Spitfire. Just came back from flying it 3 days in a row. Up until the retrofit, it had built up a layer of dust and had been moved back behind the airplanes I enjoyed flying.

Honest, you'll feel like you've got a new airplane after seeing the new clean cowl on a low, slow pass. And you'll swear the sucker flies better.
Well..........you'd have to see the application. The 2-stroke has the carburetor in front almost to the thrust washer where the 4-stroke has the carburetor in back of the engine. That was the problem because I had to hog out a lot of the radial to clear the carb and throttle linkage. The cowl will hide either a 2 or 4 stroke but the carb location is the issue. I might just get that muffler and new cowl and radial in the future though..........thanks for the info.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:36 PM
da Rock

Well..........you'd have to see the application. The 2-stroke has the carburetor in front almost to the thrust washer where the 4-stroke has the carburetor in back of the engine. That was the problem because I had to hog out a lot of the radial to clear the carb and throttle linkage. The cowl will hide either a 2 or 4 stroke but the carb location is the issue. I might just get that muffler and new cowl and radial in the future though..........thanks for the info.

Oh heck, no wonder I didn't understand. Sorry. I thought the issue was whacking parts of the cowl away. And the 2C carb location is not a problem for me because all of my stand off scale is just that, stand off. I have no qualms about removing some of the fake engine right where the carb is because there is some to be removed there to allow cooling air straight back to the cylinder.

I wish there were better fake PWs with bigger cases out front. The carb can be behind something and work perfectly and a big case would fake the eye into not noticing a cylinder was missing. The fakes that came with my H9 warbirds don't have much case and wind up back where the carb is.