Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Please help me find the first owner

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Please help me find the first owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:32 AM
SCOTT42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me find the first owner

I do know that this is just a shot in the dark and chances of finding the person who built this plane is slim to none. I have found a AMA # on the firewall of the plane and I called AMA and they said that that number has been inactive since 02. That number was registured in Texas and thats where the plane is still at so if anybode reconizes this plane from back in the day of when it used to fly then you possibly know who it was that ownd it. Im wanting to know what kitt its from? what size engine it had,I do know that the airplane is a Ercoupe, Im kinda wanting to restore it back to flying but not sure. Any info would be great thanks guys.

Specs that ive gotten from the airplane

wingspan 90"
lenth 58"
weight 19lbs without engine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36538.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	322.3 KB
ID:	1539014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57830.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	1539015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13086.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	1539016  
Old 12-28-2010, 09:48 AM
rwright142

Default RE: Please help me find the first owner

I can't help but have a suggestion - try searching the N number on the plane - N93578. It's a valid number for a full scale ERCOUPE 415C so maybe the owner of the full scale plane (Frank Hennis is listed as a co-owner) may know more about who built the RCversion.

Good luck!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 AM
SCOTT42

ORIGINAL: rwright142

I can't help but have a suggestion - try searching the N number on the plane - N93578. It's a valid number for a full scale ERCOUPE 415C so maybe the owner of the full scale plane (Frank Hennis is listed as a co-owner) may know more about who built the RC version.

Good luck!
Good idea, how would I do that? just google it?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 AM
JustPlaneSweet

Scott,

If you have the AMA number then you can go to their [link=http:////www.modelaircraft.org/MembershipQuery.aspx]Membership Verification[/link] page and find out who the owner was. You do not need a full last name for the search to work. Put in the AMA number and the letter 'a' for the last name then try 'b' then 'c', work your way through the alphabet until the name comes up.

Stan
Old 12-28-2010, 10:09 AM
rwright142

From the FAAregistration database:
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...mbertxt=N93578

Registered Owner
Name HENNIS FRANK
Street 31868 CARMEN LN
City COTTAGE GROVE State OREGON
County LANE Zip Code 97424-9200
Country UNITED STATES

Maybe you an get a phone number or email address from that.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:16 AM
SCOTT42

Thanks guys that didnt take long, i will give all of this info a good checking over.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:19 AM
rwright142

Frank and Jean Hennis are the owners of the full scale. Jean may be a relative because Frank is married to Barbara. Gotta love the internet LOL. If nothing else you can write to him now.

Good Luck!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:37 AM
SCOTT42

ORIGINAL: rwright142

Frank and Jean Hennis are the owners of the full scale. Jean may be a relative because Frank is married to Barbara. Gotta love the internet LOL. If nothing else you can write to him now.

Good Luck!

Man thanks a bunch, I looked that info up to and actully tried to look up a phone number to but only found a place wanting to charge to give it to me, a stamp is so much cheaper. I may have some pics developed and send them with a letter, who knows what i might uncover?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:18 AM
SCOTT42

ORIGINAL: JustPlaneSweet

Scott,

If you have the AMA number then you can go to their [link=http:////www.modelaircraft.org/MembershipQuery.aspx]Membership Verification[/link] page and find out who the owner was. You do not need a full last name for the search to work. Put in the AMA number and the letter 'a' for the last name then try 'b' then 'c', work your way through the alphabet until the name comes up.

Stan
Thanks for your info to, I just went and done what you sugested and found that it belonged to a man named LEE FRENCH here in Texas somewhere, now if anybody reconizes that name please help me out, Thank you.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:25 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

At 90", this could be a Jim Messer Aircoupe.

I flew mine on a G-38.

Come to think of it, I have a new in the box cowl for it sitting around here, someplace.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:42 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The best way to find Lee French would be to contact the secretaries for the RC clubs around town. If he went inactive around 2002, then there are probably still membership records of him or at least people in the club who know him.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 PM
ridergary
My Feedback: (75)

I believe Tom is correct and Reid Model Products still sell the cowls and plans for the plane.

Gary
Old 01-01-2011, 07:59 AM
The_Tinker

Looks like there is a Lee French in TX that is a writer. Could be him. He writes some about racing and for some reason there are a lot of guys in both sports/hobbies. Also, I went to Privateeye.com and checked it out. Looks like there are several Lee French in tx but it didn't look intimidating. I don't have the paid account so I couldn't gt his phone number and address but it will tell you the age and city of a person with out paying. Maybe you could get the city and then look it up on whitepages.com. Good luck!

Micah