Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DLA 56

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 PM
dc4295
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLA 56

I have boult a new dla 56 and it says to use 30-1 oil to break and then 50-1 for normal use.Does any one know how long the break in pro. should be.Or how mang gal.?

Old 03-10-2011, 01:46 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: DLA 56

There is some conflicting thoughts here.....1 some say to use something like Lawn Boy ashless..mixed at 32 to 1 after a gallon switch...others say after 2 gallons switch......
Switch to Redline or Royal Purple mixed at 40 to 1...
Others including a friend of mine who really knows engines says that it will take longer to break in the engine but just go with the Redline...it will keep the engine cleaner......
You can get Stabil almost anywhere...it will treat the ethonol in the gas that will soon be 15%..so mix some of that in as well......
I have used the ashless then after a gallon switched to Redline.....
Old 03-10-2011, 03:14 PM
dc4295
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks jetmech05. you would think the manual would give more info.thanks again.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't bother changing, I found my gas engines run well on the 32:1 two cycle oil. I figure two gallons is enough to break in an engine but by not changing the blend I just listen to the engine and tune accordingly. There are a lot of threads on the gas oil mix in the gas engine forum. Well worth looking into. Pretty much everything you would want to know about your engine.