Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hyperion 720i net charger questions

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hyperion 720i net charger questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:14 PM
TopZueg
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyperion 720i net charger questions

I have a Hyperion 720i net charger and have a couple of questions I am sure someone will be able to help me with. The charger has three options when charging nimh and nicad batteries. They are linear, automatic and normal. What is this and witch is the best to use?

Another question. I have 1200mah nimh 6v 5 cell reciever packs. I charge them and discharge them at 1.2A in the normal setting. I set the discharge cut off at .9v per cell. I am only getting about 700mah of charge in them and700mah out disharging them. The question is am I doing this right, is one of the other modes better ( linear or automatic ), are the batteries junk? I bought 3 of them a year ago at a hobby expo for 10 bucks and recently crashed a P-51 because I think I lost reciever power. I am using a Futaba 9ZAP with a 7chanell Futaba FASST transmitter module and 7 channel Futaba R607FS FASST reciever.

How long are nimh good for. I used to race RC cars in the late 80's and am familiar with nicads. I was using the idea of cycling them like I used to do with nicad's and with the new stuff of nowadays (the 720i charger) I can read the amount of mah you put in or dischager out of batteries. But is cycling these nimh batteries a no no???

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I don't want to loose another airplane because of a stupid reciever pack or my not knowing the correct way to charge and check the battery pack. Thanks, Monte.