Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

DUDE!! Can you just shut up??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DUDE!! Can you just shut up??

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 12:55 PM
MinnSpin
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DUDE!! Can you just shut up??

- all the way to border, bubba!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:49 PM
golf4two

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo
Brother, you got that right. When I started Navy flight training, we were told that to be a successful naval aviator you had to be your own worst critic. I was that, until I got married. Now I'm a distant second.
Most excellent observation! Hope you don't mind when I include your statement in the "Humor Section" of my next club newsletter!

Rick-AF Retired
Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Eric Giorgiantonio
My Feedback: (5)

There is one or more of these types of people at every field. My club has more than one, But I have found that most of the time they are just looking to talk to someone and this hobby affords them the opportunity to do so. I used to be very intolerant of the club "KNOW IT ALL" but now I try to talk to him or them and that seems to distract them from always telling me what I should be doing and redirects them to just having fun. Try it for yourself you may be surprised at the results.

Remember it's nice to be nice. and don't be naive someone might think you are the pain in the Butt or not like you even though they don't know you that well...

This hobby is about fun and sharing lets try to be tolerant of the "Pain in the *****"
Just my 2 cents

Eric G AKA chopper2.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:26 PM
dryverman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems to me the ones that fly the least are the wost offenders....

Old 04-05-2011, 02:30 PM
dryverman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

woops that's WORST offenders
Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Elecfryer

ORIGINAL: SCOTT42

Yes I agree, but like Bill Engvall says '' you just cant fix stupid''

I believe that would be Ron White that says "ya can't fix stupid"!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:19 PM
BillyGoat

ORIGINAL: dryverman
Seems to me the ones that fly the least are the worst offenders....
So true. Over the years our club has had a few guys inflicted with diarrhea of the mouth that nobody has ever seen fly. I tend to think its a self esteem issue. They so badly want to be accepted, they try to make themselves out to be some big shooter.

If it wasn't for these guys that have come and gone over the years, there wouldn't be much to talk about at my club.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:32 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSqXdg7ZDLc[/youtube]
Old 04-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi

Hey ,....................... I know someone like that ,............................... he invented it , and he,s a pro at it too , he actually abuses the right to be an AH . ,........................ small world
Old 04-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

delete
Old 04-05-2011, 06:08 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

It's become clear that everyone has a Club Expert and has had exposure to these idiots; besides the traits that seem to be common to these guys as described by a bunch on this thread, I have to describe a few traits that the Expert in my Club has perfected knowingly or not!

First off, does your Club Expert have a Body Odour problem that only gets worse as the outside temperature of summer increases, reaching top offensivness in August; now I don't know if it's because he truly does not bathe or what; or the fact that he wears the same clothes everytime, now either he only has that one pair of slacks with that long sleeved shirt that he never washes, or he has 12 pairs of this great modern, in style ensemble? hmm, maybe a combination of both.

To go with that great look, where can I buy a pair of those boots/shoes, or what ever you call them, the ones with the zipper down the side, that he wears; man I love that look, I know the girls must chase after him!

And how did he get so lucky or fortunate to have to wear glasses, you know the birth control style military issue glasses; I wish I had a pair.

And I can't say enough about the enjoyable times I have when he comes to the field without his teeth, now that is a great conversation to listen to.

As an added bonus, severe coffee and cigarette breath, as was mentioned by someone else.

Are these guys ever married? I wonder what their wives must look like, no doubt they are knock outs, model material for sure, drop dead gorgeous I bet, those lucky dogs, those Club Expert Guys, no wonder they don't bring them around to the field , everyone would be hitting on them and drooling for sure; and what about their offspring, true breeding stock for sure, the apples don't fall too far from the tree!

On a positive note, if I am in need of a tool, a prop, some glue, or a complete ARF to be built, the expert always comes prepared with everyting that he needs and anyone and everyone else, what a great guy to have a fully stocked hobby shop in the trunk of his car.

Do you think these guys are even remotely aware of the stars that they truly are? How do they do it, I stand in amazement and ask why can't I be that guy, a Club Expert Guy!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:44 PM
wallace.tharp

Yo, Cottco, that little foam dealie doesn't look like it's got a Sato on it? I have a 110, 125, and 225. My 100 is pumped, Perry as it were, was. Great engines, BUT for power I use my YS-110 & 140... On a Goldberg Ultimate Bip and Extream Flight Yak 54 respectively. For you Navy guys: Formation defined, U. S. Navy, "Two or more aircraft headed generally the same direction on the same day." Yes, I was in the U.S. A. F. Be well, fly well! wt
Old 04-05-2011, 06:57 PM
wallace.tharp

Typo, my bad... my first Sato is a 100, Golden Knight and it must have 120 flights on it. Goldberg Decathlon in back of it. Yes, it will hover & knifeedge! wt
Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

We would do well to be patient with these guys, especially if goofy looks and clueless social skills accompany the annoying tendency to advise. Our hobby attracts guys who aren't good with people. Call them introverts, misfits, weirdos, or just plain quiet types, but that is the main demographic of any hobby that mostly involves working with one's hands on an individual task. Some of these older guys have gone most of their lives without really belonging anywhere, and the RC club is one plane where they actually can have a conversation with a like-minded person and feel like they have something to contribute. Yes, it's a pain when they show up and want to give you advice you don't need. But really, is that extra 5 minutes of flying time worth blowing a guy off? I had a guy in my church a couple of years ago like that. Nobody could stand him and he was always there to stand there slack armed telling others how to do what they were already doing. I even caught him once advising a native Chilean on how to speak Spanish properly! Then on his birthday I called him and found out that none of his kids had done so and neither had anyone else. The guy was just lonely, and aggravating people at church was his only human interaction. I imagine at least some of the old guys that hang around the flying fields and gun clubs and golf courses all day do so because that's the only way they can get a chance to connect with another human being. It's worth a few minutes of my day to give that to them, even when I am anxious to get into the air.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:50 PM
eddieC

Jester, you are one mature dude.  Bravo!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try not to judge someone till I walk a mile in their shoes. It took me a while to learn and I have the scars, bumps, etc, to prove it. Life is much easier to live and let live.
Any Club has conflicts among it's members, it's just the way humans are.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:17 AM
BillyGoat

dasintex... Funny! I think the experts that have been in my club have been a part of yours at one time or another. Although we did have one "expert", probably the worst offender, that was the opposite of that; Fairly young, well kept and could fly decently well, but defiantly had some self esteem issues. Reminded me of the guy from high school that hangs out with the jocks, try's to pass himself off as a jock even though he didn't play a single sport and couldn't make the girls softball team if he tried. This guy would go to big events like Joe Nall, Toledo and TRY to hob nob with the big boys, then come to the field and drop names like he was part of the inner sanctum of top pilots. That was just pitiful to watch actually.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:23 AM
dasintex

Billy Goat;

OMG....I have one those Club Expert Guys too.....exactly how you have described him....drops names, goes to big events...etc; it's got to be a plot or something...the 'Club Expert Guy Conspiracy' by Robert Lublum...get at a bookstand near you! stay tuned, movie to be released soon!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:30 AM
BillyGoat

ORIGINAL: dasintex

Billy Goat;

OMG....I have one those Club Expert Guys too.....exactly how you have described him....drops names, goes to big events...etc
Oh so he's in Texas now? I wondered what happened to that guy.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:12 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Guys, I know sometimes is annoying but you have to be careful with good old boys!!!
There is one of these guys in one of the clubs I go, he wants to talk, talk RC, talk politics, talk weather.
Its OK for a little while but I go there to fly, so the first couple of times I talk to him, then I started to avoid him.
He was a regular Tues and Fridays, I started going other days....
One day he didnt come back, he died. He was 88. It made me so sad, he just wanted conversation.
Now I learn not to avoid anybody...... what is 15 minutes anyway??????
Old 04-06-2011, 05:20 AM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

Bravo Jester, well said.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:23 AM
MinnSpin
My Feedback: (40)

Yo Walt, you're right - that foamie thing would look sweeeeetwith a .30 GK, and talk about power - whoa!
As a scratch-built design (compliments of GeneBond), and in a relatively small package, The Hoot (my avatar) is a kick in the pants and greattarget practicefor anyone brave enough to compete.

When not flying it, I am crashing these.......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27558.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1590102  
Old 04-06-2011, 05:30 AM
dasintex

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

Guys, I know sometimes is annoying but you have to be careful with good old boys!!!
I agree with you, and if a 'Club Expert Guy' is older, I have always given him my time regardless of how annoying he may be, just out of repect for his age; what I'm referring to are the younger 'Club Expert Guys', who are hard to avoid or ignore, they will follow you around, get in your space, etc; the older or experienced 'Club Expert Guys' are by far more easily tolerated, don't mind them a bit, and besides, I have actually learned some stuff from the older 'Club Expert Guys'.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 AM
justplanecrazy2916

Used to back home. He was quite the fellow. He would wonder around telling people the how too's and what nots about flying and how he one uped what you just did. He gets on my nerves but I remember one thing, He will fly in a few minutes and scatter balsa, lol I know it wrong to think that way but he tends to shut up after a bit
Old 04-06-2011, 07:44 AM
speedkills69

ORIGINAL: SCOTT42

What can I say?? I was just wondering if any of you guys have that (one) guy thats knows everything?, been there done that type of guy? We have one at our field, Im not gonna call him out but seriouslly? This guy has NO clue in my opinion, he has next to no exsperianc but constantlly telling everyone how they need to fly there plane. Im allmost to the point of joining another club just to get away from it. So how bout I know that theres got to be more than one out there. Dont get me wrong I like the guy but cant be around him for long periods of time.
I had one of those annoying people before. Critizing everything I was doing on the field not just me but evryone. One day I had enough and told him off and said "Man, if I want to listen to an ******* I'll fart." I think it comes naturally for him though, being a butthole I mean. He just could not shut up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.